RIP Howard Hesseman, 81...

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2022 03:12 pm
Quote:
Howard Hesseman, the hard rocking DJ on 'WKRP in Cincinnati,' dies at 81

Hesseman died Saturday afternoon from complications related to colon surgery, according to his manager Robbie Kass told CNN.

In addition to earning two Emmy nominations for his role on "WKRP," Hesseman also appeared on "Head of the Class" and "One Day at a Time," along with guest appearances on "That 70's Show," among others. The Oregon native also hosted "Saturday Night Live" several times.

"He was a groundbreaking talent and lifelong friend and longtime client, whose kindness and generosity was equaled by his influence and admiration to generations of actors and improvisational comedy throughout the world," Kass told CNN in an email on Sunday...

https://iili.io/lSDQ3J.jpg

(cnn)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,612 • Replies: 5
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2022 03:20 pm
One of a kind.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2022 03:34 pm

He *was* one of a kind.
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2022 04:09 pm
@Lash,

yeah...

i had just watched his SNL appearance (season 8), so the news is hitting particularly hard...
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2022 10:10 am
Amazing info about him and his connection to Janis Joplin. I had no idea. Thanks for sharing. We lived in such interesting times, those that made it through them reasonably intact.

Also, jogged my memory of The Committee. Wow, they were loaded with talent.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2022 10:38 am
He was great in WKRP and Head of the Class, two classics. He will be remembered.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » RIP Howard Hesseman, 81...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:20:04