Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2022 11:37 pm
I was at this food truck called El Primo Taco in Venice, CA.

After I purchased my burrito, I walked over to the Ralph's across the street, and this weird homeless dude with a shopping cart was following me all the way from the food truck to Ralph's. I asked him "Why are you following me?" and he said "Why did you touch my pockets?" After that I walked away and ignored him.

So my question is: what does he mean by "touch my pockets?" Does anybody know any homeless people lingo?

Sorry I am just pissed off because I think he tried to steal something from me, and getting robbed is one of the things I hate the most. After I purchased the burrito, I was still holding my phone and battery pack. On the table, I set down the burrito, put my phone in my pocket, and put the battery pack on the table. Before I was about to the put my battery pack back into my pocket, the cook offered to wrap my burrito with tin foil. I saw my battery pack on the table, grabbed it and put it back into my pocket. When I put it back in my pocket, I saw the homeless guy standing there and he had a shopping cart with a small flat screen TV, and I had to call the police about it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 534 • Replies: 5

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2022 11:40 pm
It seems he considers you did something that cost him materially. There's not enough information here to let me guess further.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2022 07:28 am
@mathiasquestion,
mathiasquestion wrote:

When I put it back in my pocket, I saw the homeless guy standing there and he had a shopping cart with a small flat screen TV, and I had to call the police about it.

What the ****? He had a SMALL flat screen tv in his possession that likely he picked up broken off of the curbside for trash pickup and you called the damn police on this poor soul?

Quote:
Does anybody know any homeless people lingo?

Not failing to mention that you probably think there's a criminal cabal of homeless people with a shared ... what... national or global language that he would have to assume you already know so you would already understand him saying it in the first place? Statistically speaking, touch my pockets means nothing to anyone but the speaker, and this homeless person is suffering from a mental illness and doesn't actually have a grasp on reality. Good grief. Glad you just didn't randomly tase or shoot him out of fear for your life.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2022 07:34 am
Somehow I missed reading the part where he called the police. What a jerky thing to do.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 07:44 am
@tsarstepan,
Agreed..the man is simply talking gibberish ... He was likely no threat to you. Maybe he was hungry and saw your food. Maybe he was afraid YOU were going to steal his broken TV or rob or beat him.

The homeless have more to fear from you than the other way around.

Most likely the police laughed off your call as really they are going to arrest a homeless man because they are carting around junk in a grocery cart?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2022 03:53 pm
What was the homeless guy talking about? What you cost him over your paranoid, fearful actions towards another human being with more problems than you think you have.

Do you think his interaction has no cost? What about one more crap thing happening to him during his crap life that no one else even gives a poop about, having to maybe seek out a public defender because some prick introduced the cops for no reason other than your discomfort of being around the homeless, they offended you for no reason except they were existing inside your self proclaimed bubble.

Worrying about being robbed is one of your biggest bugaboos? Shame on you for calling the cops for no reason at all.

A homeless guy has a small screen, BFD. Shame, shame, shame.
0 Replies