Does she not have a voice to make a decision?

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2022 04:10 pm
You all know my stance on the covid vaccine. Both my wife and I are fully vaxed and boosted and the majority of my family is vaxed and boosted. My daughter, also vaxed, is planning her daughter's 1st birthday party and we have been looking around for some places that will accommodate a small group of family and friends. I came across a rec center that is controlled by the city and they have a large party room that will accommodate 50 people. We probably won't have that many at the party. Given that a few of the invitees are not vaccinated I told my daughter to say that the center requires that if you are not fully vaccinated that you must keep your mask on while in the building. This way you're not taking on the responsibility of telling people they have to keep their masks on but instead make it look like the center requires it. My wife wants to do it this way. She said to just make everyone keep their masks on. I told her that would not be fair to those who have been vaccinated and boosted to still require them to sit around a birthday party with their masks on. Granted, those who are not should but those who are vaccinated can take it upon themselves whether or not they choose to wear one. Just a question, but if you were invited to a celebration or dinner in a private room somewhere and you were vaxed / boosted but the host "required" that you keep your mask on would you go or would you stay home? I'm not trying to penalize anyone but those who have gotten vaxed should have the option to wear a mask or not whereas those who are not should be required to wear one. My wife feels she doesn't have a voice in anything. Am I wrong here or should we follow her lead and require that everyone wear a mask whether they are vaxed or not?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 247 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2022 04:57 pm
@Barry2021,
So seeing it is a birthday party it is likely there will be food what happens when the food is served .. The cake I am guessing at the least. People will need to remove their masks then to eat.

Curious if you thought that through?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2022 05:17 pm
@Barry2021,
I would go along with your wife. Let her win one. She's lost so many so far.

Wear a mask unless you're eating or drinking. This Omicron is really transmissible so why take chances? You're all in an enclosed room. Give her one. I, personally, don't want to get the virus (and we know it's possible however many jabs you've had), so I'd be wearing a mask and avoiding any unmasked person in close quarters.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2022 11:35 am
@Mame,
I have had both vaccinations and a booster but I always put a mask on when I go into shops.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Does she not have a voice to make a decision?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/11/2024 at 06:47:45