Fence + Gene =very bad

Seed

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 01:56 pm
So there I was no ****... You ever realize that when a guy tells a story it usually starts off with those 6 words? Haha... well the story:

Ok so everyone knows im in the military. And the military is big on organized sports as after work activities. Its a way to build friendships within your company... blah blah blah... I love sports, so what do I do? I signed up for a company soft ball team. Our record as of last night is now 1-2. Not very good right? Well this journal is about last night. So there I was playing 3rd base. It was a close game the score was 6-9, their lead.

Cheif Young comes up to bat... and what does he do? He pops up a foul ball down the 3rd base line. And seeing as we were playing the best team in the league and we were down by 3 runs I figured I would do my best to catch this foul ball. It was a good idea in theory... But then... then I mean my antaganist of the night: Mr. Chain Link Fence. Yep, you heard me right. I went running after the ball and it was just hard enough to gauge (weither or not it was going to gover over the fence or stay inside the fence.) that I had to keep running.

Well I looked up, located the ball, looked down saw the fence, looked back up and WHAM! hit the fence hard. I bounced off and my cleats got caught in the bottom links and suddenly I have some pain in my ankle. I get up look in my glove. No ball

Crowder comes in from the out field and helps me up and I shake it off and go back to 3rd base. At this point I think its sprained. So im like I'll just take it easy... i'll play out this inning and then after that I will just bat and I won't go play in the field anymore. Good enough right? Well I couldn't do anything on it. I had to end up sitting down before that inning was even over. It sucked. I

take my cleat off and I can already tell the ankle is swollen,. Someone comes over and helps me prop it up and then they put some ice on it. And then they decide I need to go to the hosptial. So they carry me to the hosptial. Man it was great I flirted with the nurses.. made them giggle, you know... I was being a boy.

So long story short. They take x-rays and the doctor comes back in and says "well its techincally not broken, BUT you have a piece of bone floating around in your ankle. So its techincally broken, and we are going to treat it like its broken." They put me in a hard splint and told me to go see an orthipedic surgeron on Monday so he could decide what was need to be done.

Moral of the story? Chain link fences do not move. So kids, do not try to run into them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,680 • Replies: 49
No top replies

Letty

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 02:01 pm
Seed, honey. Let's face it. You are accident prone. I've seen a German shepherd climb a chain link fence and come out in one piece.(seriously)

Seriously, if you have a bone fragment floating around in your foot or ankle, that ain't good. Ask your doc about that, ok?
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 02:05 pm
im not accident prone... i swear i was just trying to give the game my all!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 02:12 pm
Well, Seed. Often giving a game your all may be equated with accident prone. Just glad that you are all right, dear.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 02:32 pm
yes i think you could be right about that lol
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 02:35 pm
Seed--

I agree with Letty. You are accident prone. You have exceptional talent.
You are a gifted target.

Nemesis has painted a great big bull's eyes on your Lights & Liver and the assembled godlets of the ages are running a competition to see just how often you can be pinged and winged without being permanently maimed.

Would you consider carrying a good luck piece? A pocket full of good luck pieces? A small wheelbarrow full of good luck pieces?
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 02:37 pm
you are too funny noddy.. and i wasnt wearing my lucky socks yesterday... that is the blame!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 02:40 pm
Seed, I would have raced toward the fence, stopping just short, and casually reached up with a beautiful, fluid movement, and snared the ball. I would have listened to the polite smattering of applause from the opposing fans as well as the wild cheering from my own, grabbed a quick sip of lemonade, signed some autographs, and then trotted back to the playing field as if nothing had happened.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 02:43 pm
Something tells me that Gus could pole vault over a chain link fence.

Hey Seed. I'm deadly serious about that bone fragment. Be certain you ask the doc about it.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 02:51 pm
thats why im going to the orthapedic surgeon come monday... gotta find out if it needs to be removed
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 04:25 pm
Aw seed, ya big clutz.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 04:29 pm
lol yea something like that Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 04:29 pm
Good grief, Charlie Brown.

Shocked
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 04:30 pm
I agree with whoever said it above - you get hurt because you live life. That's a good thing.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 04:31 pm
I think I just found your next tattoo, Mr. Seed.

http://www.peanutscollectorclub.com/johntat.jpg

and I think I found an idea to add to the one after my next one

http://www.peanutscollectorclub.com/tattoo.html
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 04:33 pm
lol thats about right...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 05:01 pm
Some Seeds, in my country at least, must be cracked before they can germinate.......ommmmmmmmmmm.......
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 05:17 pm
i dont want to get cracked to hard!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 05:18 pm
Then there are those seeds--like the seeds of the bristlecone pine--which require seasoning through fire.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 05:20 pm
Oh, you HAD to go and tell the poor fella THAT!!!!!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Fence + Gene =very bad
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 10:38:12