What's up for NYE 2021?

Mame

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2021 12:35 pm
We had Christmas at his brother's and his wife cooked the most tasteless, horrible Christmas meal I've ever had the misfortune to nibble at. The turkey was tough, dry and cold. The collard greens were slimy and cold. Carrots were hard. Gravy was tasteless and lumpy and cold. Everyone had to take turns at the microwave to heat up their food. To top it off, they served the weakest coffee the next morning. Good thing we like them! lol She promised everyone she isn't cooking Christmas dinner again Smile
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2021 12:37 pm
I used to play in a local Last Night celebration. The town would have six or seven different venues (the firehouse, the VFW hall, the school cafeteria, the library, one or two churches, etc) and starting around 7:00, bands and performers would get a fifty minute slot. There was a good variety and even if you were playing you'd still get the opportunity to see a bunch of other groups. They'd open the Town Hall up at midnight for the dancers but I'd always be home by then.
Mame

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2021 12:38 pm
@hightor,
Are they doing it this year?
hightor

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2021 12:45 pm
@Mame,
Nah...covid. They didn't do it last year either. Probably bourbon, bud, and a 10:30 bedtime for me!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2021 01:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
We planned on having a nice ham dinner, but that's what we did for Christmas. So we got us some ribs to cook up instead.
edgarblythe wrote:

We're staying home. Got close to one with covid five days ago, so we are not getting out. We both feel fine, but don't see the point in taking chances. I did buy myself a few beers. Haven't had one since last New Year.
Mame

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2021 01:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
We are having stuffed chicken tonight in an attempt to get that other horrible one out of our minds Smile Dinner at Fleur de Sel tomorrow night at 6:00 then home.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2021 01:35 pm
@Mame,
We're going to Splashes in Laguna Beach, I like their lobster bisque, they're a little pricey but we don't go that often, the kids say the same thing, they will stay up until midnight but it never happens Razz
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 10:16:20