Covid Vaccination Reduces Immune System?

Pittter

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2021 04:43 pm
A friend of mine, and ardent antivaxer tells me that my three Sinovac vaccinations are detrimental to my immune system. Is there any respected medical evidence of this notion?. I can"t find any on line.

jespah

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2021 07:56 pm
@Pittter,
Of course you can't find it, because it doesn't exist.

Welcome to the world of science denial, where anything is possible if you lie.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2021 08:24 pm
@jespah,
Note that these are the SinoVac vaccines which are produced by China. The facts may be different.
Pittter

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2022 04:27 pm
@maxdancona,
Different from what please?
maxdancona

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2022 05:09 pm
@Pittter,
The Western vaccines are Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson&Johnson. They have undergone vigorous scientific testing.

From what I have read, I wouldn't trust Sinovac. Scientists have pointed out that the Chinese vaccine was rushed out without real testing.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2022 08:56 am
More imperialist thinking from Max, the vaccines are not Western authorised they are American authorised.

The USA is not the West regardless of how imperialists feel about it.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2022 09:04 am
@izzythepush,
The imperialist New York Times agrees with Max.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/22/business/economy/china-vaccines-covid-outbreak.html

The issue is not China vs America or Communism vs. Capitalism.

The issue is sound science and good public health policy. The West used sound science to develop and roll out effective vaccines. China didn't.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2022 09:12 am
A right wing publication would.

Astra Zeneka is not licenced in America but is licensed in the West.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2022 09:21 am
Quote:
The West used sound science to develop and roll out effective vaccines. China didn't.

China's primary approach has been to use instant lockdowns anytime a cluster of cases emerges. This has been quite effective at limiting the spread of the disease. But interestingly, this may lead to the unintended consequence of so few Chinese contracting the disease that there is no buildup of general immunity in the population from naturally immunized people who were infected and survived. I heard a report last night that Chinese officials are sweating bullets over the highly contagious omicron variant which, should it take hold and spread, could lead to a nationwide general lockdown and severely hurt the Chinese economy.
Mame

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2022 01:41 pm
@hightor,
They locked down Xi'an, 13 million people, for 3 cases. Overkill.

On the other hand, I read an article today in the Guardian about the hot mess Australia's in. People are told to do their own testing and contact tracing and they are having to pay for their own tests. This seems odd to me since they have public health care. When a journalist pointed out that not everyone could afford the tests, their prime minister replied that no, not everyone could afford them. Rather blasé.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2022 01:58 pm
The facts are

1) The Chinese vaccines don't have the rigorous scientific testing that the Western vaccines had. (This isn't political or racial, it is simply a fact).

2) The Chinese vaccines are roving to be less safe and less effective than the Western vaccine. Again, it's simply data.

I feel confident putting Pfizer or Moderna or Astrozeneca in my arm or in the arms of my family. I would not feel the safe putting Sinovac in my arm.

That's the only point I am making.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2022 02:04 pm
@maxdancona,
It's Astra Zeneca.

At least get the bloody name right.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2022 02:18 pm
@Mame,
China has put a second city into total lockdown after just three asymptomatic Covid cases were discovered.

Yuzhou - which has a population of 1.1 million - saw its transport system shut down and all but essential food stores closed overnight.

It follows a similar lockdown in Xi'an, where 13 million have been confined to their homes since 23 December.
~~~

Canada approved the AZ vaccine but we were primarily offered Moderna and Pfizer.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2022 02:21 pm
@Mame,
I had the AZ for my first two jabs and the Pfizer for a booster.

In terms of side effects AZ was better, Pfizer gave me a sore arm and left me feeling really run down for a few days afterwards. AZ just gave me a sneezing fit a few days later.
Mame

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2022 02:23 pm
@izzythepush,
I had Moderna all three times, the last of which was only half a dose because I was not 65 and that one made my arm hurt like hell for 4 days.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2022 02:58 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:

So what? I wasn't challenging any point you made. If you actually read my comment you'd see that, 1. it wasn't directed at you, and 2. I simply built off of your statement to make an independent observation.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2022 03:11 pm
@hightor,
Huh?

What makes you think I was responding to your comment?
hightor

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2022 03:26 pm
@maxdancona,
There was no need of you to reiterate the point so you must've been responding to something. I use your quote and two posts later you feel the need to defend yourself. Even if you weren't responding to my comment your post was gratuitous.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2022 03:43 pm
@hightor,
I reiterated my point, because we had a bunch of off-topic post about imperialism from someone who makes everything personal and takes everything personally.

I was attempting to get the thread back on topic.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2022 03:45 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The facts are

1) The Chinese vaccines don't have the rigorous scientific testing that the Western vaccines had. (This isn't political or racial, it is simply a fact).

2) The Chinese vaccines are roving to be less safe and less effective than the Western vaccine. Again, it's simply data.

I feel confident putting Pfizer or Moderna or Astrozeneca in my arm or in the arms of my family. I would not feel the safe putting Sinovac in my arm.

Here again is the point I am making.

1. Forums
  2. » Covid Vaccination Reduces Immune System?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 12:08:37