How can I increase my credit score?

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2021 09:01 am
Right now, it is 768 with CITI. I know that that is not terrible, but I opt for one past 800. Here are what I feel might be problems.

Although I am 71, I have had credit for only six years. I get offers every day for getting a loan, but I do not need one, so I ignore them. (I understand that performance on such a loan might add to the credit score.) That is all that I can see that is 'wrong'. here.

I have never paid one cent in credit interest as I pay my bills well before the statement deadline. I use only about, maybe, 5% of available credit. I have never had occasion to use a lot of credit and got a card only because I needed to rent a UHAUL truck once.

How can I increase my credit score? - David Lyga
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 391 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Mame

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2021 09:09 am
@david lyga,
Why do you want to increase your credit score? It only matters if you intend to borrow $, and since you don't seem to be wanting to do that, I'm curious why a bigger score matters.
david lyga

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2021 09:17 am
@Mame,
I will be honest and forthright: EGO. Essentially, that is all.

But is that 'reason' so very bad? Look at it this way, Mame: Is this not a good thing to aspire towards? Why do you, and so many others, think that such challenge is so fraught with mindlessness? - David Lyga
Mame

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2021 09:24 am
@david lyga,
Well, I've never been concerned with credit scores but I think that in order for you to increase yours you have to get a loan and pay it off, or rack up some debt on a credit card and pay it off. Seriously. I really don't know, but I think paying off a debt in short order will increase your score.

Let us know when you have achieved your milestone.
david lyga

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2021 09:31 am
@Mame,
I get VERY annoyed when what is told to me counters what I want to believe. Yes, getting a damn loan is 'necessary' but really stupid. Is not the five credit cards that I already possess, indeed, already a LOAN of sorts. If not using them cannot be deemed as being congruent with paying off a loan, then there is something very limiting about the American sense of financial logic. - David Lyga
Mame

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2021 09:32 am
@david lyga,
I agree. But I believe you're going to have to do it if you want to reach 800.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2021 11:43 am
Use Experian Boost: https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/does-paying-utility-bills-help-your-credit-score/
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2021 11:57 am
How to Calculate Your Net Worth.

0 Replies

david lyga

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2021 07:07 am
Thank you all.

As far as 'net worth' is concerned, I have a BS in Accounting so I already know how to do that. It seems that criteria which are, to me at least, rather trivial, are the determinants which construe this lofty paradigm of credit score. I pay my bills, period. That should be enough. As far as a loan is concerned, isn't $50,000 worth of unused credit sufficient to supplant the actual loan? Again, thanks. - David Lyga
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How can I increase my credit score?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 05:44:39