Being a liberal without being an extremist.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2021 08:26 am
@Mame,
Quote:
You don't think any of those fit you? I certainly do.

As do I. As should any reasonable person.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2021 08:31 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
(Edit: It isn't relevant, but it does strike me as funny that Mame is making a "both sides" argument here).

Most of what you post is irrelevant. Whatever it was that struck you funny, it wasn't that Mame was arguing "both sides", though it may have been the product of your looking Max colored glasses.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2021 08:32 am
@maxdancona,
Again. You Maxify everything. The world does not revolve around you, Max.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2021 08:34 am
@maxdancona,
And for different reasons it is not necessary to impress you, either. After all, you hold yourself totally within your own thrall.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2021 08:37 am
@mark noble,
Maybe the best thing you've ever posted.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2021 01:17 pm
maxdancona wrote to: Mame
Quote:
I have never seen you defend a viewpoint outside of a narrow liberal bubble. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but I haven't seen it. You shouldn't care about my opinion, but if you do... point out where you have defended a conservative viewpoint and I will be duly impressed.

Real Music writing to: maxdancona
Quote:
1. I wouldn't defend a viewpoint that is not my own.
2. The reason I wouldn't defend a viewpoint that is not my own, is because it isn't my viewpoint to defend.
3. I articulate my own "liberal" views and I also defend my own "liberal" views.
4. The reason that I defend my own liberal views is because my liberal views are mine to defend.
5. If you want to refer to my liberal views as a "narrow liberal bubble", that is your prerogative.
6. You seem to have an obsession of trying to insult individual people with arbitrary labels.
7. I never said that conservatives didn't have the right to express their viewpoints.
8. It simply makes no sense for me to defend a viewpoint that's not my own.
9. The reason that I am writing this post is because of your continued quest to have people defend viewpoints that aren't their viewpoints to defend.
10. Please don't think that I am ganging up on you. That is not my intent.
11. I actually do want to engage in civil respectful conversations with you.
12. When you try to (insult) individual A2K members with your arbitrary labels, then it's only natural for others to respond to you in some form of hostility.
13. When you talk down to people, it's only natural for people to respond to you in some form of hostility
14. Not often, but occasionally, some of the things you posted I agree with.
15. It appears that I disagree with you more than I agree with you.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2021 07:15 pm
@Real Music,
1. If I am hostile, I can't blame that on someone else. I make the decision on whether I will be hostile or not. And that is on me. Your claim that I am responsible that other people are acting like assholes is bullshit. Everyone is responsible for their own behavior.

2. I will say it again. There is a group on Able2know that holds a narrow political ideology. They are hostile towards anyone who expresses an opinion that falls outside of a narrow bubble. I challenge this, and I don't back down. This is the problem.

3. Read the posts of Izzy and Bobsal and Glitterbag. Read the constant personal attacks, the nasty insults across threads and the habit of stalking... following someone from thread to thread to attack them without even bothering to contributed to the topic of the tread. And, it is not just me who they are being assholes towards. I am not responsible for the nastiness here. Of course, I am not backing down either, and I take responsibility for that part.

4. I am happy to engage in civil discussion with you (or anyone else) if the topic interests me. I don't carry grudges from thread to thread, and if you get my interest, I will be happy discuss any topic.
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2021 08:06 pm
@maxdancona,
Ok, then.

The hilarity ensues!

You should take a break from A2K.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2021 09:00 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
If I am hostile, I can't blame that on someone else. I make the decision on whether I will be hostile or not. And that is on me.
Okay.

Quote:
Your claim that I am responsible that other people are acting like assholes is bullshit.
1. I can acknowledge that you aren't entirely responsible for the hostility that has been directed at you.
2. But, I do believe that you are mostly responsible for the hostility that has been directed at you.
3. Yes, sometimes I have seen hostility directed at you with no good reason.
4. And yes, that is (unfair) when that happens to you.
5. But, there also have been many times when you actually deserve to have that hostility directed at you.
6. And yes, that is (fair) when that happens to you.

Quote:
I will say it again. There is a group on Able2know that holds a narrow political ideology.
1. I don't see nothing wrong with a group of (individuals) holding their own political ideology.
2. I am an individual and I have my own political ideology.
3. If there are other individuals who political ideology happens to be the same as mine, doesn't make it "group think"
4. My political ideology is still my own.

Quote:
I will say it again. There is a group on Able2know that holds a narrow political ideology. They are hostile towards anyone who expresses an opinion that falls outside of a narrow bubble. I challenge this, and I don't back down. This is the problem.
1. I am not going to be hostile toward you just because you express an opinion I disagree with.
2. Then again, I may be hostile toward you if you express your disagreement in an insulting manner.

Quote:
Read the posts of Izzy and Bobsal and Glitterbag. Read the constant personal attacks, the nasty insults across threads and the habit of stalking... following someone from thread to thread to attack them without even bothering to contributed to the topic of the tread. And, it is not just me who they are being assholes towards. I am not responsible for the nastiness here. Of course, I am not backing down either, and I take responsibility for that part.
1. Okay. Some of this actually does occur.
2. Maybe people have grudges against you for your past deeds and long history on A2K.
3. I don't know if that is the case.
4. But if that is the case and other members are holding grudges because of your past deeds, antagonizing people isn't going to make it any better.

Quote:
I am happy to engage in civil discussion with you (or anyone else) if the topic interests me.
Okay. That's good to know.

Quote:
I don't carry grudges from thread to thread, and if you get my interest, I will be happy discuss any topic.
1. Okay, I'll take you at your word.
2. I don't have any grudges against you.
3. But keep in mind, that long held grudges takes time to mend.
4. Maybe you don't care if others have long held grudges against you.
5. Maybe you don't have any desire to mend grudges that are possibly being held against you.
6. I do suggest that you not insult individual people with arbitrary labels.
7. I also suggest that you not talk down to people.
8. Those are only a suggestions.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2021 10:45 pm
@Real Music,
1. I don't know what you are trying to accomplish, Real Music. If you are trying to make me to get along with this group that is ideologically extreme, you are wasting your time.

2. No one has responsibility for my behavior but me. I take no responsibility for how anyone else behaves. You seem to disagree with this principle, but I consider it a core principal for adult life.

3. If you are offering a personal civility between you and I where both of us can express and defend opinions respectfully without personal attacks... I accept.
Real Music
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2021 11:07 pm
@maxdancona,
1. I was just putting in my 2 cents.

2. You go ahead and do whatever you want to do.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2021 07:59 am
Why are you ALL 'ARGUING' over 'NOTHING'?

I believe EVERY-ONE of you is CORRECT! BECAUSE YOU SEE "REALITY" THROUGH DIFFERENT LENSES! THAT IS WHAT "INDIVIDUAL" LIFE-EXPERIENCE/s Allow EACH ASPECT OF SOURCE-FKN-CONSCIOUSNESS TO IDENTIFY ITSELF WITH.

Reggae-po-im

We Eez All da same ting
Een deefrent accords
Tryeeng ta make sense
Of our puneeshments
An rewards
Through da lens
Of our own
Voyage
ALL ON OUR OWN

Wen all we eva ad ta do
Woz
FIND OUR WAY OME!

Ave da bestest eva day, eva you deed ave!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 10:39:50