No Christmas Spirit in Me

hightor

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2021 05:15 am
@thack45,
So Richard Patterson felt he lost privilege...but what does that have to do with losing "freedom"? He had freedom to pursue any goal he wished; the fact that he didn't meet job requirements, got suspended for breaking rules, or that his candidate lost an election doesn't really have anything to do with the loss of "freedom" that the OP was complaining about..
Linkat

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2021 10:42 am
@nycdad,
nycdad wrote:

Accept the ENTIRE BIBLE not just your favorite passages to satisfy your inner needs.

Actually you were the one just pointing out the negative aspects...I was trying to lead you to not feel so doom and gloom...and there is both as in all of life there is both.

I am a person who simply is concerned about another persons life...you seem depressed and no matter what someone else's beliefs and feelings are ...as long as they are not harming anyone else..people should be willing to help someone else out especially if they are in a depressive state.

Wouldn't everyone one here feel bad if this man would look towards ending his life.

I don't care what you believe you can get better .... If you need a number to call for real help I can provide it .if you don't know where to go to for a sympathetic ear.?
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2021 02:19 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

So Richard Patterson felt he lost privilege...but what does that have to do with losing "freedom"? He had freedom to pursue any goal he wished; the fact that he didn't meet job requirements, got suspended for breaking rules, or that his candidate lost an election doesn't really have anything to do with the loss of "freedom" that the OP was complaining about..

I believe this sort of disconnect

The Atlantic article wrote:
Even while Patterson rose through the ranks, he kept on finding examples of how the world was stacked against people like him

is necessary to lament in earnest some bygone yet unarticulated freedom. Otherwise I'll just assume one is virtue signaling.
0 Replies