Diet Soda: Good or Bad?

nycdad

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2021 10:21 pm
A few people I know have repeatedly said that diet soda is worst than regular soda. Regular soda has too much sugar, though. I can't drink water all day, everyday. It's not possible to restrict myself to only drink water. What can I do? I am 56. I am 5 feet, 9 inches and between 250 and 255. You say?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 339 • Replies: 12

jcboy

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2021 08:59 am
@nycdad,
I rarely drink any soda.

I drink unsweetened tea.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2021 01:00 pm
@nycdad,
You can drink water with some natural flavor like a squeeze of lemon or lime. If you like side you may also like sparkling water or seized many cone with a twist of fruit flavor. I will drink sparkling water or seltzer with some cranberry juice...real juice with no sugar added...usually I get this cranberry that is sweeten with natural fruit ... There is enough natural sugar in fruit. But you need to be careful as many juices have big sugar content that is why you look for 100% juice.

Anyway that is my natural soda.

Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2021 01:02 pm
@nycdad,
Oh and the reason..me included...many people say diet soda is bad for you...the artificial sweetners. I'd rather have sugar than some chemical...just search and read up on these sweetners to get a look into what they are and consider if you want to out it in your body.

Mame

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2021 01:05 pm
@Linkat,
There's also something called Mio which are flavoured drops you can add to water or sparkling water. My daughter uses that. We drink President's Choice Diet Lemonade or Grapefruit - 0 sugars or carbs, and 1% sodium. It's basically carbonated water with additives.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2021 01:25 pm
Over here there is a sugar tax on standard Pepsi and Coke.

Other brands have less sugar and avoid it, many fast food restaurants no longer offer Coke or Pepsi as it's too expensive, just the diet versions.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2021 02:30 pm
@nycdad,
Quote:
I can't drink water all day, everyday.

You're doing it wrong. Try only drinking when you're thirsty.
Mame

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2021 02:33 pm
@hightor,
lol. You crack me up.
nycdad

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2021 04:17 pm
@Mame,
Crack you up? What does Mame mean? That cracks me up.
0 Replies

nycdad

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2021 04:18 pm
@Mame,
Cool. Thanks.
0 Replies

nycdad

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2021 04:20 pm
@Linkat,
The solution is to avoid soda. . .period.
0 Replies

nycdad

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2021 04:21 pm
@Linkat,
Another good idea. I like lemon in water. No more soda moving forward.
Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2021 05:45 pm
@nycdad,
nycdad wrote:

Another good idea. I like lemon in water. No more soda moving forward.

And it will be so much better to actually hydrate you.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Diet Soda: Good or Bad?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 07:37:28