The Oxford High School Shooting

snood

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2021 02:29 pm
There was another thread about this - well, about Ethan Crumbley's parents, anyway. But it appears to have been shut down after only a couple of pages, because I can't post a response to it.

The things that stand out to me about this latest AR15 fiasco:

The way they report on the shooter. The day after he was arrested, they were running 5 year old pictures nationwide of him as an innocent, doe-eyed kid. And speculating about why, oh why would he ever do such a terrible thing. And armchair psychoanalyzing him to hell and back. It just seems they started working very hard to humanize the guy from the very start, and everyone just doesn't get that kind of attention.

And why in the hell do his parents get bond, anyway? I thought one of the biggest factors to consider in granting bail is that the person can't be considered a flight risk. they had to search and capture these two stellar citizens.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 398 • Replies: 14
No top replies

snood

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2021 02:39 pm
There is a pattern here...

https://i.imgur.com/VAt0rQV.jpg
PUNKEY

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2021 03:05 pm
Each parent has huge bond - they are sitting in jail as we speak.

They were found in the basement of an art studio on the east side of Detroit with about $4k. Turned in by someone who tipped off authorities. Their lawyer is now claiming that neither the lawyer or the accused were aware of the time they were supposed to be arraigned. Good luck on that one. Judge didn’t accept that.

snood

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2021 03:38 am
@PUNKEY,
Why would people who are a proven flight risk (they had to be hunted down and dragged to jail) be granted bail at all?
Just because it’s high doesn’t preclude the NRA and other ammosexuals from funding them.
engineer

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2021 09:52 am
@snood,
Effectively they haven't. Unless they can come up with $1 million themselves, they will need to turn to a bail bondsman and given their history, no bondsman is going to take the chance. If they can come up with $1 million, let them run. The court will keep the million and then track them down and bring them back to court. And of course, the court has their kid.
snood

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2021 10:02 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Effectively they haven't. Unless they can come up with $1 million themselves, they will need to turn to a bail bondsman and given their history, no bondsman is going to take the chance. If they can come up with $1 million, let them run. The court will keep the million and then track them down and bring them back to court. And of course, the court has their kid.

None of which answers why they were granted bail at all.
Mame

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2021 10:19 am
@snood,
Well, they didn't physically pull the trigger. They were stupid and may be found culpable of contributing or whatever, but they are presumed innocent at this point. I'm sure a lot of things will come out about this family during their trials.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2021 10:24 am
@Mame,
So were all the black murder victims in Snood's picture, they shouldn't have just been presumed innocent, they were innocent.
Mame

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2021 10:36 am
@izzythepush,
Yes. I'm speculating, of course. I have no idea why they were given a bail amount other than they didn't physically do anything and stupidly tried to run off.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2021 11:06 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

There is a pattern here...

https://i.imgur.com/VAt0rQV.jpg

It seems the lesson in this graphic is clear. The kids who are heacily armed arent murdered. We need more kids to be "heavily armed".

Actually... The real lesson here is these propaganda graphics are silly.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2021 11:14 am
@snood,
I just googled the numbers. 17% of school shooters are Black. This is in line with percentage of the population that is Black.

A White person is no more likely to shoot people in school than a Black person.

A Black school shooting is less likely to be covered in the media.. I suspect this has more to do with the race of the victims than of the shooter.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2021 04:47 am

Lions dedicate first win of season to Oxford community
(espn)
oralloy

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2021 10:31 pm
@Region Philbis,
Fake news. The Lions never win.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2021 10:44 pm
snood wrote:
And why in the hell do his parents get bond, anyway?

Despite efforts by progressive freedom haters, people still have civil liberties in America.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2021 02:07 pm
God help us if people got off on technicalities.

The county sheriff, prosecutor, state AG and now congressman are all falling over one another to get in the airways and TV to talk about their feelings, assumptions, appearances and investigations, it will be a wonder if they will be able to seat a jury in Michigan.

I wish they would all shut up and let the criminal case proceed.

Children have been traumatized; there is a rash of copy cat threats, so many that several school districts closed last week. Funerals for the four victims are this week.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Oxford High School Shooting
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 05:35:56