0 Replies

xprmntr2

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 04:23 pm
Re: Hey Everybody!
Chai Tea wrote:
This is my 500th post!

I'm SOMEBODY now!

Someone PM me quick!

So, Chai, 500 posts are the magic number? I have been wondering about that. They keep it such a big secret.

(I'd PM you, but as you can see, my post # is still in its infancy!) Smile
0 Replies

xprmntr2

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 04:27 pm
Re: Hey Everybody!
xprmntr2 wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:
This is my 500th post!

I'm SOMEBODY now!

Someone PM me quick!

So, Chai, 500 posts are the magic number? I have been wondering about that. They keep it such a big secret.

(I'd PM you, but as you can see, my post # is still in its infancy!) Smile

Actually, I believe you could have received PM's before that. It's SENDING them that's closed to newbies.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 04:56 pm
Good luck with that, CT. Give me a PM to see if it's working for you. I don't think it will .... but I've been wrong before.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 06:07 pm
Another person who, likes me, uses A2K milestones to validate herself as a person. Welcome to the ranks of the real people.
0 Replies

xprmntr2

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 01:49 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Another person who, likes me, uses A2K milestones to validate herself as a person. Welcome to the ranks of the real people.

So, Brandon, is it true that 500 is the magic # across the board for being able to send PMs?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 01:55 pm
PM info is all explained right here:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47497&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
0 Replies

xprmntr2

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 03:03 pm

Hello again, my Mentor, and thank you! In the maze of threads here, it is hard to find just the right post. But see, I had already read that one, and it doesn't clarify how many posts before a person can send PM's. It is maddeningly vague.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 03:21 pm
xprmntr2 wrote:

Hello again, my Mentor, and thank you! .

JP is your mentor!?!?! God god save us all here on A2K...

:wink:

[size=7]just kidding jp...ya know I love ya![/size]
0 Replies

xprmntr2

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 04:59 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
JP is your mentor!?!?! God god save us all here on A2K...

:wink:

[size=7]just kidding jp...ya know I love ya![/size]

My mentor in HTML, yes. And a very grateful student he's got in me, too! After he taught me how to post images, I was simply http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/061.gif
0 Replies

SJay123

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 10:21 am
Hewwo Everyone!! Very Happy
Nice to meet you all! I'm new on here and i don't know anyone!!
Someone elp!!
Crying or Very sad
SJay xx
0 Replies

xprmntr2

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 02:45 pm
SJay123 wrote:
Hewwo Everyone!! Very Happy
Nice to meet you all! I'm new on here and i don't know anyone!!
Someone elp!!
Crying or Very sad
SJay xx

Welcome aboard, SJ! http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/cheers.gifYou'll get to know participants here quite quickly if you click on their user name: you will get a list of their posts, where you can see how they think/what their biases are, and even a good deal about their personalities.

If you post about politics or spiritual matters (especially if you have convictions that do not match the hoi-polloi), expect an onslaught of http://www.websmileys.com/sm/violent/sterb007.gif. But, if you consistently toe the party line, you'll find yourself as safe as Auden's "Unknown Citizen"!

Also, there is a testing section (listed at the beg. of the forum list) where you can try out all the functions for posting replies.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:08 pm
That is terrible advice xpr. Seriously. If you are afraid to express your beliefs, that is your problem. Not the problem of others. Not to mention not everyone on the political or religion threads are like that. I think you need to do a little more research on the posters here before making that accusation.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 04:17 pm
Feel free to express whatever beliefs you like, SJay. You'll find people here who will agree and disagree with whatever you say. Just like in the real world.

We do admire people with convictions here. Especially when they are able to communicate them logically and without slandering others.

Oh, welcome to you, too, xprmntr2! Haven't seen you around here yet. I usually avoid the politics and religion threads. I prefer to have fun instead.
0 Replies

xprmntr2

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 04:38 pm
BD & Eve: if everyone here were as even-keeled and fair as you guys, I wouldn't have had to warn SJ.

And hey, I HAVE expressed my opinions here----go check out what happened! (You don't have to go far: I think it was yesterday that the prime incident occurred.)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 06:06 pm
Well, I really don't enjoy debate. Neither side ever succeeds in converting the other. The only thing that seems to happen is that people get angry and then get their feelings hurt. Frankly, there are too many other subjects on this board that are more entertaining to me.

The wonderful thing about A2K is that there are SO MANY different topics! If you get offended or unhappy with the direction one is going, just pick another! And...it's SO much easier to get out of a bad discussion here than in real life! Just <click>... 2 Cents
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 08:38 pm
Hey, xpr! There are a few threads that should come with a warning label, but none really get too heated. But it does help to "press the ignore button," on occasion. :wink:

Welcome aboard. http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/85565.gif
0 Replies

SJay123

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 11:29 am
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Very Happy Thanks all for the warm welcomes! You all seem like fantastic people! I love a good old debate and sometimes i get into a spot of trouble becasue of my opinion even when i don't mean to offend anyone. I'll spend most of my time in the Performing arts section as i would love to become an actress/dancer/singer when im older in the theatre business.
How old are you all?
Write back!!
Smile
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 11:39 am
xprmntr2 wrote:

Hello again, my Mentor, and thank you! In the maze of threads here, it is hard to find just the right post. But see, I had already read that one, and it doesn't clarify how many posts before a person can send PM's. It is maddeningly vague.

I think they make it purposefully vague so that people have to play nice in order to get the privilege instead of just posting a lot.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Hey Everybody!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 12:26:59