Anyone snag a deal from black Friday or cyber monday?

Linkat

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2021 12:10 pm
How did everyone do on deals? It is tougher for me now than when the kids were younger as most their wants are typically not part of the great deals.

I did get a small handful....my big deal was airfare ...snagged a roundtrip $59 each way ...of course a bit higher with tax but how do you beat that!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 271 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Mame

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2021 12:14 pm
@Linkat,
How far are you going on that $59?

I don't do these sales as I buy throughout the year when I see a deal.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2021 12:23 pm
I got a really good deal at the car boot on Sunday. My dil is really into two things, Build a Bear and How to Train Your Dragon.

She does have a Toothless, (the main dragon,) but it's very recent. I managed to get hold of an original one complete with tags for £2.

As far as Black Friday goes no, I suspect a lot of 'deals' are hyped up. The real savings are to be had after Christmas in the January sales, (over here at least.)
Linkat

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2021 01:26 pm
@Mame,
About a thousand miles

I saw that southwest was offering cyber deals so I checked to see what they were offering ... We were wanting to fly over specific dates to see my daughter play in college and bonus they had perfect times for us so we could stay just 3 nights and still get to see 2 games.
Linkat

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2021 01:31 pm
@izzythepush,
What it is .... You Ned to know what are truly good deals. Basically you need to know the real price something typically costs. Yeah sometimes you can get great deals after Christmas but if you really want something you risk it won't be available as all often times sell out and by the time they restock ..... You are beyond the after Christmas sales.

Oh and I got a couple of video games at an excellent price. Those games especially the more popular ones are very expensive.

Some places will have a few items that are high ticket reduced greatly to draw you in....to be a savvy shopper you know exactly what you are going for and snag that item and leave....whether online or in the store.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2021 01:46 pm
@Linkat,
There's been so much on how certain deals had been the same price until October when they put them up.

Over here it's called Black Friday week. It's not so big, we don't have Thanksgiving and Black Friday only emerged a few years ago.

The first year there were scenes of shoppers being trampled getting into shops which caused universal revulsion. After that it became a lot more low key.

I'm sure there are some good deals out there, but you have to know what you're looking for.
Linkat

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2021 01:53 pm
@izzythepush,
Yeah exactly...you need to know what is a good deal.

The flight obviously was ....the video games were...but then other items are not.

There are certain things that are,always exempt from big sakes...just ran into this with an item my daughter wanted, was not part of the cyber deals at the store. Nor any where else.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2021 02:25 pm
@Linkat,
That's always the way with hi tech, and I include games in that, they will stay at a certain price for ages and then suddenly drop quite a bit.

One year I got the Kid a video game and it was just a line if code. I thought I'd been ripped off at first, nothing physical, not exactly easy to wrap up.

It worked though, but still didn't seem right.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2021 03:38 pm
@Linkat,
Wow, lucky you. That $ wouldn't even get me an hour away.
Linkat

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2021 04:12 pm
@Mame,
Yeah you really need to hit it right .... There are so few seats at that low price. Also there probably are not tons of people wanting to go to Chicago in the dead of winter.

We also have enough hotel points to stay the 3 nights free. So definitely worth it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2021 06:50 am
Yesterday I bought a beer advent calendar from John Lewis. John Lewis is a very expensive shop, but when they discount they discount big.

This advent calendar was £80 in November. Yesterday it was £40. That works out less than £2 a beer.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Anyone snag a deal from black Friday or cyber monday?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 08:12:51