Reality Hitting Like A Ton of Bricks

nycdad

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2021 10:28 pm
I was never popular with females growing up in NYC. I also have been struggling with anxiety and public phobia issues since my early childhood days. I am shy. I have always been timid; afraid to express myself without fear of rejection.

At 56, females pass me by without even acknowledging that I am there, you know, within a few feet. I believe all women seek three main components in a man: 1. Lots of cash. 2. A big rocket in the pocket and 3. Good-looks. Of course, there are men that have all three components. If you are one of them, God bless you.

I may not have a big rocket, lots of cash and good-looks is a dream. However, I have other qualities that I think make me a good catch. I am honest. I don't cheat. I am a good listener. I help whenever possible. You know what, this is not good enough in a society that has been brainwashed to value physical beauty over a good heart.

What are my chances of meeting a woman? I don't know, honestly. I think 56 is not old but I am beyond the younger years. One thing is certain, I don't want to grow old alone. I have more years behind me than ahead. I just want to meet someone who cares enough about me to ignore what little flaws I do have.

You say?

izzythepush

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 02:24 am
@nycdad,
You have your room mate.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 07:29 am
@nycdad,
And exactly what qualities are you looking for in a partner?

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 11:01 am
@nycdad,
nycdad wrote:

I was never popular with females growing up in NYC. I also have been struggling with anxiety and public phobia issues since my early childhood days. I am shy. I have always been timid; afraid to express myself without fear of rejection.

At 56, females pass me by without even acknowledging that I am there, you know, within a few feet. I believe all women seek three main components in a man: 1. Lots of cash. 2. A big rocket in the pocket and 3. Good-looks. Of course, there are men that have all three components. If you are one of them, God bless you.

I may not have a big rocket, lots of cash and good-looks is a dream. However, I have other qualities that I think make me a good catch. I am honest. I don't cheat. I am a good listener. I help whenever possible. You know what, this is not good enough in a society that has been brainwashed to value physical beauty over a good heart.

What are my chances of meeting a woman? I don't know, honestly. I think 56 is not old but I am beyond the younger years. One thing is certain, I don't want to grow old alone. I have more years behind me than ahead. I just want to meet someone who cares enough about me to ignore what little flaws I do have.

You say?

Don't worry about the size of your package, your bank account, or your looks. Concentrate on your other good qualities.

The city is a big place...lots of very lonely women there. You should be able to meet someone that could lead to a relationship. Visit the art galleries in Chelsea on Thursday nights...or go to some community or church functions, if you are in to that.

OR...try a dating site. You'll find a few to consider at this site:

https://www.askmen.com/dating/dating_advice/the-best-ways-to-meet-single-women-in-new-york-city.html

izzythepush

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 11:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Visit the art galleries in Chelsea on Thursday nights...

Oh no, it does not move me
Even though I've seen the movie
I don't want to check your pulse
I don't want nobody else
I don't want to go to Chelsea.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 11:32 am
Looks are important, but not all men and women are beauties. There are many women that worry about their lack of physical attraction just as you do. Find them. There are women that crave absolutely crave the qualities that you are describing in yourself.

They don't give a s*** about a lot of money and they don't give a s*** about a big dick. You are projecting that onto them.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 11:39 am
@Frank Apisa,
Agreed and just think there are likely women your age and with similar qualities that are thinking just the same way you are.

There are dating apps just for singles over 50. But you need to be open as well on the qualities you want ...also search out things that interest you where you might meet similar people as yourself ... Yeah join a club...book, gardening, outdoors, pottery... At the very least you should make new friends

To add to that women over 50 are more realistic...they likely are financially independent so as far as money more than likely just want to meet someone that also is the same...they don't want someone to take care of them financially but also don't want to support a deadbeat.
0 Replies

nycdad

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 03:48 am
Thank you everyone.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 10:40 am
@nycdad,
One thing is certain: standing there waiting to be noticed is not working for you.

Try approaching someone without seeming desperate, and just ask when the "A" bus arrives, how lovely the weather seems, etc. And leave it at that. Then repeat it until the conversation deepens naturally.

At 50+ with no vengeful divorced wife, no needy children, no major debts or vices, you are a valuable 'commodity' on the social whirl. Join a club, go to a church, drop into the senior center, get involved in politics or animal rights, you will meet someone you like who also likes you. Learn some conversation skills and stay away from negative topics until after the fifth or sixth date.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Reality Hitting Like A Ton of Bricks
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:00:46