2
   

Race and Guns: Liberals are screwing up their own message.

 
 
maxdancona
 
  -2  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 07:55 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

If you found evidence that just this year young black men have shown up to protests brandishing rifles and were neither arrested nor shot ... would you admit your guess isn't that reasonable?


No, I would not. Anyone with a brain would not. But, you have to defend your bullshit, so continue to defend it.

Quote:
(I am pretty sure you didn't bother to check for any factual evidence)


I am pretty sure you once were a reasonable poster, Max, but I acknowledge I may be wrong. Perhaps you have always been what you are now...and that is anything but a reasonable poster.


1. OK.... so evidence won't change your mind about a factually incorrect ideological narrative. I guess that kind of ends the discussion.

2. I haven't changed. I state my opinions as I have always done.

Able2know is more one-sided, extreme and nasty than it was in the past. That may be what you are noticing.

Someone with my viewpoints would have been considered solidly liberal 20 years ago. In fact I was solidly liberal 20 years ago. It wasn't me who changed (and that is the problem).

Liberals are going crazy.

Frank Apisa
 
  3  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:00 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

If you found evidence that just this year young black men have shown up to protests brandishing rifles and were neither arrested nor shot ... would you admit your guess isn't that reasonable?


No, I would not. Anyone with a brain would not. But, you have to defend your bullshit, so continue to defend it.

Quote:
(I am pretty sure you didn't bother to check for any factual evidence)


I am pretty sure you once were a reasonable poster, Max, but I acknowledge I may be wrong. Perhaps you have always been what you are now...and that is anything but a reasonable poster.


1. OK.... so evidence won't change your mind about a factually incorrect ideological narrative. I guess that kind of ends the discussion.

2. I haven't changed. I state my opinions as I have always done.

Able2know is more one-sided, extreme and nasty than it was in the past. That may be what you are noticing.

Someone with my viewpoints would have been considered solidly liberal 20 years ago. In fact I was solidly liberal 20 years ago. It wasn't me who changed (and that is the problem).

Liberals are going crazy.


Okay...you honestly do not see it.

I get that...and, considering the comments directed to you in posts, so do many others here.

I guess we have to put up with that.

I don't mind acknowledging that I am disappointed.
maxdancona
 
  -2  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:03 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, this little spat is so blindlessly stupid.

1. The meme claims that young black men brandishing rifles would be shot or arrested.

2. Young black men are brandishing rifles in front of police and are not being shot or arrested.

What is it that I am not getting? Because you are correct, I honestly don't see it.
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:13 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Well sure. No one wants to be charged with indecent exposure.

Funny. But your joke avoids the point. I have no desire to have some of the deranged progressives who post here show up at my doorstep and try to poison my cats or something similarly nasty.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:14 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Nuh-uh.

Wrong again. Using the word "style" is just an attempt to get away with mislabeling guns that are not in any way assault weapons.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:16 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
No, you're wrong.

I'm not. Progressives are only trying to mislead the ignorant into supporting their efforts to violate people's civil liberties for fun.


hightor wrote:
Adding the word "style" is simply a marketing approach used by the gun manufacturers after the assault weapons ban wasn't renewed. The USA was filled with pictures of deployed soldiers at the time and "tactical chic" had become really popular. Making guns look like tactical weapons and selling tactical gear at gun shops opened up a whole new world of profits as these products appealed to budding psychopaths who used them to shoot up schools, shopping centers, and movie theaters, or, like Rittenhouse, sought an opportunity to use them in a civil disturbance.

Tactical weapons don't even have a look. An assault weapon can be dressed in wood and steel instead of black plastic.

Note the appearance of this real assault weapon in this expired auction:
https://www.auctionzip.com/auction-lot/extremely-early-ruger-ac-556-factory-mg._FF94201B06/

That's a ridiculously low price for a transferrable weapon by the way. I wonder if there was a reserve that wasn't met.
hightor
 
  3  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:21 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
An assault weapon can be dressed in wood and steel instead of black plastic.


But a wannabe assault-styled weapon is usually made to look something like an AR15 because that's what the kids see in the movies.

And that's a handsome Ruger – with no pistol grip! – never knew they made a machine gun.
oralloy
 
  -3  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:43 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
But a wannabe assault-styled weapon is usually made to look something like an AR15 because that's what the kids see in the movies.

There is no such thing as an "assault style". It is an empty term with no meaning, and thus can be used to apply to any and all weapons.


hightor wrote:
with no pistol grip!

That is my point. Pistol grips have nothing to do with anything.


hightor wrote:
never knew they made a machine gun.

It's basically a full-auto Mini 14.

They didn't make a lot compared to Tommy guns, which had been made and registered with the government throughout the 20th century, or the Uzis, Mac 11/9s, FN FNC sears, M16 sears, and H&K sears that were rushed into mass production in the months before the 1986 ban on new machineguns took effect.

One of my "if I win the lotto" dreams is to become a licensed machine gun manufacturer and maintain a low key business to keep the license active, but to be prepared to mint out billions of M16 and H&K sears at the drop of a hat just in case the NRA ever gets the federal government to issue an amnesty to register new machineguns as transferable. For that matter, if I win the lottery and am rich enough to do all that, I could probably lobby the government myself for such an amnesty to register new machine guns.
hightor
 
  4  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:53 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Pistol grips have nothing to do with anything.

They actually have a lot to do with style. A black composite gun with a relatively short barrel, high capacity magazine, and a pistol grip shouts "TACTICAL ASSAULT" and is used as a selling point for marketing the product to adolescents and couch commandos. As Rittenhouse admitted, it looks a lot cooler than a handgun.
Frank Apisa
 
  4  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 09:41 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Frank, this little spat is so blindlessly stupid.

1. The meme claims that young black men brandishing rifles would be shot or arrested.

2. Young black men are brandishing rifles in front of police and are not being shot or arrested.

What is it that I am not getting? Because you are correct, I honestly don't see it.


What I said in my last post to you here...holds.
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 10:17 am
@Frank Apisa,
I am Ok with that Frank.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2021 11:07 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Pistol grips have nothing to do with anything.

They actually have a lot to do with style.

Yes, but style has nothing to do with anything.


hightor wrote:
A black composite gun with a relatively short barrel, high capacity magazine, and a pistol grip shouts "TACTICAL ASSAULT" and is used as a selling point for marketing the product to adolescents and couch commandos. As Rittenhouse admitted, it looks a lot cooler than a handgun.

Barrel length and magazine capacity are functional issues. It is potentially acceptable (the details matter though) for a law to regulate those.

How cool a gun looks doesn't make any difference.
0 Replies
 
 

 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 12/08/2021 at 07:37:57