Race and Guns: Liberals are screwing up their own message.

hightor

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2021 09:01 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
If you emailed it to others...

You'll just have to take my word on this, I would never do that. I don't see that it would accomplish anything. At all.

Quote:
I was intentionally vague about both the location and the date.

There was one account of a sheriff, checking on a report of stolen property, pissing off the suspect, getting shotgunned, and dying of his wounds but not until he got four fatal rounds into his assailant. In your story, your great-uncle got the last shot.
oralloy

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2021 09:09 am
@hightor,
Once the sheriff received a shotgun slug through his brain, the gunfight was over. He did not shoot anymore after that. Unfortunately the sheriff did plenty of shooting when he started the gunfight, before my great uncle was able to go get his gun.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
hightor

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2021 09:40 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
An assault style weapon can fire full auto or burst fire, among other things.

That's the definition of an assault weapon, not an assault-styled weapon.

Quote:
That does not make the gun any more dangerous.

It makes it more likely to be used in an unsafe manner.
oralloy

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2021 09:43 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Adding in the word "style" is just an attempt to get away with falsely characterizing guns as assault weapons when they are not.

hightor wrote:

I doubt that this can be proven.

But I am all for classes to teach people how to shoot safely and effectively.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2021 11:10 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
An assault style weapon can fire full auto or burst fire, among other things.

Quote:
That does not make the gun any more dangerous.

Fact is that if the kid had been black...and brandishing ANY KIND OF WEAPON...he never would have stood trial. He would have been dead...rather than welcomed back by the police.

Max was wrong in what he said.
oralloy

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2021 11:19 am
@Frank Apisa,
That's pretty vague. Max has said a lot of things.

I'm betting that you cannot establish that anything Max has said is wrong.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2021 11:20 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
You'll just have to take my word on this, I would never do that. I don't see that it would accomplish anything. At all.

One thing I don't get is why you or anyone else would want to know such personally identifying details of the event in the first place if the goal isn't to personally identify me.

Considering the viciousness with which the progressives here attack me (and progressives everywhere attack people who don't agree with them: note the way Mr. Rittenhouse just had to defend himself), can you see why I would be hesitant to risk exposing myself?
maxdancona

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2021 01:23 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Fact is that if the kid had been black...and brandishing ANY KIND OF WEAPON...he never would have stood trial. He would have been dead...rather than welcomed back by the police.

This is not a fact. It is a guess.

I am not even sure it is a reasonable guess. Maybe it is. But is is certainly not a fact.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2021 03:09 pm
@oralloy,
Wrong. Adding the word "style" differentiates assault weapons, e.g. AK-47's, AR-15's, etc., between those capable of automatic fire and those which are not.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2021 03:19 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:

This is not a fact. It is a guess.

I am not even sure it is a reasonable guess. Maybe it is. But is is certainly not a fact.

You are correct, Max. It is not a fact; it is a guess.

Not sure why you think that it perhaps is not a reasonable guess, but to each his own.

I doubt there are many young black men who would bet your way.

And the sentiment being conveyed is a lot closer to the truth than your comment, "The Kyle Rittenhouse story has nothing to do with race."
maxdancona

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2021 04:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
If you found evidence that just this year young black men have shown up to protests brandishing rifles and were neither arrested nor shot ... would you admit your guess isn't that reasonable?

(I am pretty sure you didn't bother to check for any factual evidence)
oralloy

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2021 04:25 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Wrong. Adding the word "style" differentiates assault weapons, e.g. AK-47's, AR-15's, etc., between those capable of automatic fire and those which are not.

Not wrong. Adding the word "style" is a dishonest attempt to use the word assault weapon when referring to guns that are not assault weapons.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2021 05:14 pm
@oralloy,
Nuh-uh, wrong.
oralloy

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2021 05:43 pm
@InfraBlue,
Nope. Adding the world "style" is just yet another example progressives being dishonest and calling guns assault weapons when they are nothing of the sort.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2021 10:35 pm
@oralloy,
Nuh-uh.
hightor

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 05:12 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Adding the word "style" is a dishonest attempt to use the word assault weapon when referring to guns that are not assault weapons.

No, you're wrong. Adding the word "style" is simply a marketing approach used by the gun manufacturers after the assault weapons ban wasn't renewed. The USA was filled with pictures of deployed soldiers at the time and "tactical chic" had become really popular. Making guns look like tactical weapons and selling tactical gear at gun shops opened up a whole new world of profits as these products appealed to budding psychopaths who used them to shoot up schools, shopping centers, and movie theaters, or, like Rittenhouse, sought an opportunity to use them in a civil disturbance.
hightor

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 05:42 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

One thing I don't get is why you or anyone else would want to know such personally identifying details of the event in the first place if the goal isn't to personally identify me.

The goal, oralloy, is to test your veracity.
Quote:
(...) can you see why I would be hesitant to risk exposing myself?

Well sure. No one wants to be charged with indecent exposure.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 06:01 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

If you found evidence that just this year young black men have shown up to protests brandishing rifles and were neither arrested nor shot ... would you admit your guess isn't that reasonable?

No, I would not. Anyone with a brain would not. But, you have to defend your bullshit, so continue to defend it.

Quote:
(I am pretty sure you didn't bother to check for any factual evidence)

I am pretty sure you once were a reasonable poster, Max, but I acknowledge I may be wrong. Perhaps you have always been what you are now...and that is anything but a reasonable poster.
snood

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 06:29 am
Bump
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 12:38:08