Looking For Dead Friend

nycdad

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2021 06:06 am
My mom's friend, William Lema, passed away in April 2014. My mother meant everything in this world to William. To make a long story short,
Willie's family did not invite my mother to his funeral, burial or cremation.

My mother has no idea what happened to Willie's body. I promised my mother to help her find out what happened to Willie's body. A record is kept on file for everyone who is buried or cremated.

Does anyone know a link(s) where my mom can search for William Lema? You see, all she wants is closure. For example, if William Lema is buried, my mom would like to go pay her respects. If cremated, then at least she knows what happened and can move on. Again, does anyone here know what my mom can do to find out what happened to Willie's body?

Thank you so much.

jespah

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2021 07:58 am
@nycdad,
Find a Grave or Ancestry.com are probably your best bets. If your mother has more information, such as his date of birth (or at least the year), that may help to narrow down the search.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2021 09:30 pm
Deaths are filed at the Register of Deeds at your local county building ( or Clerks office), but that won’t tell you what happened to the body.

Google his name with city and try to find the obituary. The funeral home that handled the arrangements will know the burial site or if there was a cremation.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Looking For Dead Friend
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:47:15