Things do change.

izzythepush

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 07:40 am
@Frank Apisa,
We had alka seltzer, the tagline on that was, plink plink fizz, what a relief it is.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 07:57 am
I found it. This is what frightened me on old time radio.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 12:21 pm
The Shadow was pretty cool but scary also. It made you feel that someone was always watching you from the shadows. That'll make you paranoid if anything does. I suppose that's not unlike an anthropomorphic God constantly watching over you.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 02:15 pm
@coluber2001,
The episode of The Shadow that stays in my mind takes place in a department store. There is a brand new invention at work - A door that opens when you approach as your body breaks the electronic beam. The bad guy will know where the shadow is when he makes the door open. Of course it didn't work out for the bad guy, but it almost did.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 03:09 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Funny thing. Just two nights ago I saw a Bromo Seltzer commercial for the first time in YEARS. Not even sure if they did that "plop, plop, fizz, fizz" thing or not. Didn't pay any attention. In fact, while typing this note, I began thinking..."perhaps I didn't see it, I may have just dreamed it."

Are they back on the air?

"Plop plop, fizz, fizz" was Alka Seltzer. Still is, as far as I know.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 03:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Things do change.
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 09:18:23