Information about your job that can help someone else!

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2021 09:54 am
I think this could be an interesting thread to start. I think about this a lot in my job. What advice would you give to someone else pertaining to your job that could help them out. Here's mine.

I work as a patient services rep for a medical company and we take calls all day from patients and doctor's offices. Here are a few things that patient could do to better assist them when they do call us or even any other customer service dept.

1) When someone answers the call do not just go right into why you're calling.
2) Give your name first.
3) You will most likely be asked questions about your account so answer the questions and don't assume the question you're being asked isn't relevant to why you're calling. We have to verify your account first. In other words, don't try to control the call.
4) "The customer is not always right." Please keep in mind that there are just some things that can't be done. Demanding to speak to a manager or supervisor simply because you can't get your way doesn't always help or work.
5) Even though you may be done with the call allow the rep to give the closing because a lot of the times we are graded on quality control and if you just hang up we aren't allowed to give the closing which means our call scores drop. Is 2 or 3 more seconds gonna hurt?
6) As a medical company we are bound by HIPA regulations. Just because you're the spouse or child doesn't automatically put you on their account. Nor does, "well, I always fill out their applications". If your name is not on the account we can not give out any information so don't get upset when we can't / won't speak with you.
7) Know what medication you're taking. Don't just say "I'm calling about my insulin." We produce about 5 or 6 different kinds of insulin. "Which one are you taking?"
8) Not everyone enjoys hearing you yell at your phone because you choose to use speakerphone. Pick up the phone.

Just a few of mine. What about you? What advice can you give pertaining to your job that we all could take to better help us down the road?

I'm sure I'll think of more but just a few I have.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 190 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » Information about your job that can help someone else!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/12/2024 at 01:38:39