When to use the gift cards?

Snowed

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 09:15 am
My husband and I have this arrangement that we alternate nights who cooks. One night I cook then the next night he cooks. Been doing this for years. Fridays we normally don't cook but go out to eat. And typically how that works is if it's my night I'll pay and if it's his night he'll pay. Tonight is my night. Well....several years ago we went on vacation with my family and my parents have a timeshare deal with a resort and as a stipulation to stay at the hotel we had to go sit in on a 90 minute presentation. Me, my husband, and my sister went together. One of the selling features is that even if we didn't purchase anything we got gift cards we could use at a number of restaurants totaling about $125. My husband and I decided to save the cards for a special occasion like our anniversary or something like that. Again, today is my day to pay for dinner and I told my husband we had reservations to a restaurant and when he asked where I told him I was going to use some of the gift cards and go to one of the places we could use them. He said that's not right or fair because we were saving them for something special and a typical Fri night isn't anything special. It's not our anniversary or anything like that. He feels I'm just using the cards to get out of actually paying for dinner tonight. He said that since my birthday is next month he couldn't just use the cards and take me out for my birthday and "technically" not pay anything for dinner. Is he right?

jespah

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 10:41 am
@Snowed,
Gift cards may have expiration dates - use 'em or lose 'em. If it's about to expire, then use the card. If not, then pony up and pay the bill if it's not for an occasion, as that's your arrangement.
Snowed

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 11:29 am
@jespah,
The cards are still good. I've checked them. They don't have an expiration date on them. He feels that tomorrow when it's his night to pay he's gotta come out of pocket or use the remainder of the gift cards and thus still have to pay something since I would have used them tonight. He thinks we should just save them and use them for our anniversary in the next few months. That was the plan all along. Why not just use them if we have them?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 02:13 pm
What difference does it make you are both married ...why don't you use one gift card this Friday and he uses one next friday.

Honestly if you are married who cares?

My husband and I joke when we go out to eat are you paying and one of us tosses down our credit card ....comes out of the same place and we are partners so who cares?
Snowed

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 03:38 pm
@Linkat,
Because my husband doesn't want to use the cards right now. He feels I'm only using them so I don't have to pay for dinner tonight.
StarbucksFreak

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 03:44 pm
@Snowed,
Snowed wrote:

Because my husband doesn't want to use the cards right now. He feels I'm only using them so I don't have to pay for dinner tonight.

Then why are you using them? If you had decided to use them for a special occasion what makes tonight special? Is it your anniversary? Is it his birthday? Is it your birthday? Is it the anniversary of when you met or the date of your first date? What? Yeah, it looks to me like you just want to go to a nice restaurant and not pay.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2021 11:54 am
You two argue about the smallest things.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2021 11:10 pm
@Mame,
They tire me out.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2021 12:57 pm
@Snowed,
Cash is more valuable than a gift card because you can use it anywhere. Pay for the meal with a gift card then take an equal amount of cash and put it in your cookie jar for that special occasion. The way you are going now, you will never use the gift cards.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2021 03:25 pm
This is the worst it gets between you two?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » When to use the gift cards?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 09:06:43