I'm not going to open it!

Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 01:42 pm
This afternoon, I took my dogs out. And noticed something odd. In the corner of my house in the back there was a bag (a thick sort of plastic shopping bag you might get at a store, gray with some thick green lines on it from what I could see). It was tied neatly at the top so as not to open. It was tucked in between the brick of my chimney (bottom part) and piping that goes from our gutters to under ground.

There is something definitely in it and I nudge it with my foot.

I am afraid to open it. What should I do? I took a picture and left it there.

Not sure how long it has been there but I was out this morning and did not notice it and I was out of the house for a couple of hours so it is quite possible someone placed it today - but I cannot tell you for sure.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 648 • Replies: 26

engineer

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 02:00 pm
@Linkat,
It does sound like someone put it there on purpose. You might want to mention it to your family in case someone was hiding a present out there waiting for you to go somewhere so they could sneak it in, or you might want to ignore it for a while if the weather is good to see if someone picks it up. If your curiosity gets the best of you, I doubt there is any harm in opening it.
Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 02:04 pm
@engineer,
Yeah I checked with everyone in the house - no one knows about it -

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/01/21/03/02/21246101/3/ratio3x2_1200.jpg

My husband told me to open it - but I have read way too many thriller type books.

We did have that storm last week but I think I would have noticed it by now.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 02:07 pm
Hope there aren't any kittens inside.
Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 02:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
I nudged it with my foot - nothing is moving in there
engineer

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 02:27 pm
@Linkat,
Open it! If there are body parts in there, the police need to know sooner than later! (And save the bag, it is reusable.)
Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 02:43 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Open it! If there are body parts in there, the police need to know sooner than later! (And save the bag, it is reusable.)

I'm not going to open it - I already said so!

Everyone may float there ya know.
engineer

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 02:46 pm
@Linkat,
Open it already! You're killing me here!
Mame

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 03:05 pm
@engineer,
Yes, open it!
Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 03:09 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Yes, open it!

I am such a good mom - I tried to get my daughter to open it - but she won't. Going to leave it for my husband when he comes home - it will be even better because it should be dark by then.

I will film it as if it is all about floating down here - then it should go viral.
Mame

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 03:23 pm
@Linkat,
lol! Chicken! Take the end of your broom and open the bag. Is it a box in there? Does it smell? Is it moving? lol you make me laugh.
Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 03:35 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

lol! Chicken! Take the end of your broom and open the bag. Is it a box in there? Does it smell? Is it moving? lol you make me laugh.

I don't know - all I know is it seemed solid when I poked it with my foot. Nothing moving or seems to smell.

I have way to vivid an imagination to try to open it.

Be funny if my neighbors are pulling a prank and I was gingerly opening it with a broom.
Mame

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 03:39 pm
@Linkat,
If I was there, I'd open it for you. I'm way too curious Smile Or nosy. It looks like there's a box in there. You can lift it up and see if it's heavy. Or ask a neighbour to open it. We're dying here!
Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 03:41 pm
@Linkat,
My dad once when I was a kid - he was a funny man - well - we used to have garbage service when I was a kid. You threw your food scraps into a metal bin that was buried in the yard - it had a lid you could step on and you tossed the garbage (not trash) in the garbage pail. The garbage man would come during the week and get rid of it.

Well one winter just during Christmas break, the garbage lid froze solid. We started to have a pile up of garbage. So my dad came up with this brilliant idea. We kept the garbage in the old card board milk cartons before we tossed them in the pail. Well he took the multiple ones we had that we could not put in the pail and placed them in a box. He then wrapped the box in Christmas paper.

He worked a couple of week nights at this liquor store (now I grew up in a city that had some areas there were not the nicest by any means) - and this liquor store was on the cusp on this area. Well he placed it outside the liquor store.

Someone did open it but they left it there - my father's hope was that they would run off it and just to later find it was garbage.
Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 03:43 pm
@Mame,
If it is something creepy and I open it you may never hear from me again (that might not be a bad thing for you all)

If I wait for my husband - at least I will get it on film.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 04:09 pm
Maybe just a homeless person left it there. If that's true he'll probably retrieve it.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 04:32 pm
@coluber2001,

yeah, probably...

a few years back i found this on the narrow path on the side of the house --

https://iili.io/5cIQ5J.jpg

someone was storing hundreds of empty water bottles back there Rolling Eyes

why, i have no idea -- you can't redeem them in this state...

it took me a few weeks to get them all into the recycle bin.

after which i put up a "no trespassing" sign.

so far the sign is doing it's job...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 04:43 pm
@Linkat,
Open it! So what if you need a hazmat suit?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 04:47 pm
@Linkat,
People do that here with Amazon, UPS, etc. delivery boxes - fill them with garbage or animal poop to thwart the porch pirates Smile I've never had anything stolen (yes, I lead a sad, sad life... I'm always at home) so I haven't had to resort to that, but I certainly would.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 04:49 pm
@coluber2001,
He could have left a note on it so she wouldn't be creeped out ... "Hey, tired of carrying this around. Hope you don't mind if I leave it here until 5:00 pm" sort of thing Smile
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I'm not going to open it!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 07:19:51