Ever try searching for an old friend/classmate?

Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 09:05 am
Not to touch base, but just to see what they have been up to?

An old schoolmate, a former crush, or just someone that brings back some good memories? Did you find anything? Was it good? Was there a story? How'd it make you feel?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 291 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 09:12 am
@Linkat,
Putting that out there because I just got an email from one of those classmates.com or something like that - I did click anything but they showed me a list of classmates that I graduated with. I went to a very large high school, but a couple of names did stand out to me.

One was a girl I was friends with in junior high. I remember vividly having lunch with her along with some others, and loved the way she talked. She was always very expressive and used large vocabulary - she had a great smile and a quiet confidence.

So I googled her - at first shock I see an obituary then realize it was for someone much older - but I see she had a relative with the same name who now lives in CA. I search more - she is the same age as me. Flash she is this marathon/open water type swimmer! And I do vaguely remember her swimming in high school.

And then I find a commercial where she is featured (it is a medical commercial about getting back to life again) and shows her jumping in and swimming. I saw her smile - that is definitely her even after 40 years that was her smile.

That felt really good and made me very happy.
engineer

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 09:18 am
@Linkat,
I've done it a few times. I found a high school friend in Maryland, another in California (actually did a meet up with him and his family). Was it good? Yes, it was a fun search, especially for one guy who was my best friend. I searched for him for several years before finding him. The reunion was awesome as well.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 03:49 pm
@Linkat,

that's one of the things i really like about facebook.

i found (and got in contact with) a bunch of people i went to school with.

there is probably a group for your high school graduating class on there...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 03:57 pm
Yeah, I did that when I was on FB and when we connected, I was disappointed. It felt like she hadn't grown in the 40+ years since I'd seen her.

Another friend from elementary school who I remember as lovely and fun turned out to be a has-been prostitute ex-felon who looked like she'd been through the wringer and lived at Walmart or under a bridge.

LOL. Never say never, but highly doubtful I'll being doing that any time soon.
Linkat

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2021 12:37 pm
@Mame,
Wow! Guess I just hung out with the right people when I was a teen.
Mame

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2021 02:17 pm
@Linkat,
We were ten and I only knew her a short while. I admired her sense of humour at the time and she was a good student. Don't know what happened to her.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2021 07:07 pm
I do that all the time. I've basically looked up everyone from my past whom I found even remotely interesting. A few times I've contacted them. Some of them I'm still in touch with. A few have contacted me.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Ever try searching for an old friend/classmate?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 01:36:37