2023 ZO7 ! Hell freezes over @GM

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2021 07:59 am
Never thought GM would put an all-new design V8 in the Corvette at this point in time. Makes no sense at all. But I love it ! GM going after Lamborghini et al!

Flat plane crank, titanium rods and exhaust valves, sodium filled stems, four valves per cylinder, direct injected, and (gasp!) NO pushrods! 8600 rpm redline so you can guess where they put the cams.

Oralloy must be in tears. At least they made it normally aspirated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 772 • Replies: 2
No top replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2021 10:03 pm
Leadfoot wrote:
Oralloy must be in tears.

Corvettes were already ruined for me when they abandoned manual shifters. What has me worried is the possibility that the next Camaro will be all electric. I've no objection to them releasing an electric Camaro alongside a V8 version, but let's keep a pushrod V8 with a manual transmission in the lineup too.

But getting back to the Corvette, is this exotic engine going in the base models, or will the base models still have proper pushrod engines?
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2021 04:48 am
@oralloy,
Good question. They covered ZO6 and 7, both had new engine but no mention of base model. I would guess it has the pushrod engine, the new one must be $$$ although no price was mentioned.

What was amazing was new NA had 30 more HP than earlier supercharged beast.

I would not drive an electric Camaro if they gave it to me. They ruined the looks of Camaro years ago for me. Of course BMW ruined almost every model they make in the looks department last year. So glad I got the 2018, the last year of classic BMW interior and instrument panel.
0 Replies