What are you getting done at a nail salon for more than $100

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2021 10:52 am
Ladies, help me out with something here. What are you getting done at the nail salon for more than $100?

The reason I'm asking is because my wife and I have a formal event for our church this weekend and we're staying at a hotel where the event is being held. We put money into our joint account to cover the cost of the hotel stay and just left it alone. My wife apparently went to get her nails done today and she gave them the wrong card to pay for it. When I checked the account the nail salon had charged $102 for her service. My wife had apparently given them the wrong card. Instead of giving them her personal card she gave them the card to our joint account. No, I have no idea what nails cost because I've never had to pay for them but help me out here. What are you getting done that costs over $100? Is she possibly getting jewels or something like that put on them? Is it a particular finish she's possibly getting done to them? Is this gel polish or anything like that? Gold plated polish? Help me out here.

I guess my biggest issue is that she just pulled a card out of her wallet and didn't look at it to make sure she had the right card. We both have our personal accounts with individual cards and we have a joint account for household things with a joint card. We both put money into the joint account to cover our hotel stay this weekend and when I checked there was over $100 taken out of the joint account. My thinking was the the hotel had charged us for one day ahead of time but when I looked at the transaction it was from the nail salon.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 322 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2021 11:28 am
@Barry2021,
Why don't you ask her?

I would assume she had her nails done and her toes done - most women would for an event like this. A manicure can run (and of course the lowest prices are for the real cheap places that I would not recommend unless you really know them because their cleanliness can be suspect) for $10 - $30 and pedicure from $25 over $70 or more depending on the type of pedicure. So yeah a lot of people will do gel which raises the prices a little - the advantage of gel is the manicure will last a lot longer - the disadvantage is that they dry the heck out of your nails.

Also does your wife have acrylic nails? If so, that ups it even more.

So yes if you get a manicure and pedicure it very easily can be over $100 with tip depending on the type of service.

Also keep in mind that many of these nail places also have other services like waxing - which going to a wedding your wife may have wanted to wax her eyebrows, underarms, legs - not sure.

That is why it is best if you are concerned to ask her. But yeah you can pay over $100 - if you get the basics for everyday I'd say with tip I'd spend $50 - $60 and if I wanted to up it and do the spa style treatment it would be close to $100 (and this is without gel)
Barry2021

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2021 12:16 pm
@Linkat,
No acrylic nails at all and when she came home I looked at them and I can't see what a $102 manicure costs. She may have done her toes but I don't think so.
She's not wearing open toe shoes, I don't think. I was just curious.

I've always wanted to get one of those old school barber shaves myself where they put the hot rag on your face them come out with that cup of lather and apply it with that old school brush. Then the barber uses a straight edge razor to clean everything up. I seriously doubt any barbers still do that these days though. And they have that long leather strap hanging off the side of the chair they would use to sharpen up the razor. I remember seeing that when I was a kid and thought it was the coolest thing.
engineer

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2021 12:43 pm
@Barry2021,
You can get a shave like that around here. You usually have to pay extra.
Barry2021

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2021 01:18 pm
@engineer,
As a little boy I always thought that was one of the coolest things I had seen while waiting to get my hair cut. I wonder how much that costs?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2021 01:42 pm
@Barry2021,
Barry2021 wrote:

No acrylic nails at all and when she came home I looked at them and I can't see what a $102 manicure costs. She may have done her toes but I don't think so.
She's not wearing open toe shoes, I don't think. I was just curious.

I've always wanted to get one of those old school barber shaves myself where they put the hot rag on your face them come out with that cup of lather and apply it with that old school brush. Then the barber uses a straight edge razor to clean everything up. I seriously doubt any barbers still do that these days though. And they have that long leather strap hanging off the side of the chair they would use to sharpen up the razor. I remember seeing that when I was a kid and thought it was the coolest thing.

My guess as a woman also and going to a wedding is she probably had her nails and toes done. Pedicures are great - even if you are not showing your toes off. They really soften your feet and get rid of callouses, and anything else. It feels awesome - (except the tickling part) - like I said if she is doing the spa treatment on her hands and especially on her toes - yeah it could be $100 depending on what treatments.

Another thought - could be a facial too - those also feel great and are great for your skin.

But yes a pedicure and manicure even with natural nails (like I have) if you go with the big spa treatment is easily $100.

And getting that barber shave would probably feel like a facial
Barry2021

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2021 02:30 pm
@Linkat,
"And getting that barber shave would probably feel like a facial"

Yeah, I just wish I could find one of those old school barber shops where you have a few guys sitting in the corner playing checkers, and all the others are sitting there lying about fishing, women, and sports. To me, that was being a kid and a part of growing up. Sitting there listening to those stories they would tell on a Sat afternoon. Then you'd have the "hook up" man coming in trying to sell scented oils, tapes and CDs or what every he had that day. That was my childhood.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2021 03:58 pm
@Barry2021,
we dont have any such thing down here in dutchland. we get our nails at ACE hardware
VABGirl

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2021 04:27 pm
http://www.bretonsidebeautyclinic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/13533132_1588335044798012_6560757704273545958_n.jpg

That is worth more than 100
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2021 04:55 am
@engineer,
My barbers do the whole lot too, they're Kurds, really lovely people.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2021 05:01 am
@farmerman,
There was a young mum with her son in there the other day.

She was amazed at the range of services they offer, a lot more than her lady's hairdressers.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2021 10:44 pm
@Barry2021,
Nail salons at hotels will cost much more than your regular salon. It's what the hotels do on a regular basis.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What are you getting done at a nail salon for more than $100
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 12:39:22