It’s really important for me to hear your opinions

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2021 09:04 pm
I’m a student who likes to read and write psychological/thriller and fantasy/mysterious stories. Today I’m saddened by the fact that I got a bad grade on my argumentative essay and I keep thinking about it. It’s a 7, which is considered just a little more than a normal sufficiency, yet I think that I could have done better. Are there any writers who got low grades in school? Should I be sad about it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 268 • Replies: 3

jespah

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 04:57 am
@ChitarraScordata,
No one can or should tell you how to feel about anything.

Your feelings are yours. Own them.

And, apparently, also study harder next time.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 05:20 am
@ChitarraScordata,
Do you know WHY you got a mediocre grade on your assignment?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 07:56 am
@ChitarraScordata,
The best source for this - is your professor.

Make an appointment - and let your professor know you are saddened by this grade and want to improve. Then ask what you did right and what you did wrong...ask how you can improve and any thoughts and suggestions.

I can understand being disappointed but one way to look at this is an opportunity to improve. I often think that sometimes it is actually helpful to sometimes not perform to what you set as a goal or what you expect. It gives you an opportunity to see how you can improve upon your work - get another perspective (your professor's in this case) and be an even better writer than you were before.

Also it could simply be a misunderstanding of what you think the professor expects from your essay --- it could simply be as much that your professor expects something different than you thought.

And also on the positive - seeing that you are saddened just shows how much you care about doing well - that is definitely a positive.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » It’s really important for me to hear your opinions
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 06:26:53