Punishment

paulo12

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2021 05:34 am
In my teenage years right up to adulthood ,when I did wrong ,father for which I had total respect for would put the belt to my bottom , I always felt I deserved it ,now later in life I feel there is something missing ,perhaps I still need to be chastised ,I would like to what you think I should do.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 280 • Replies: 4

jespah

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2021 06:38 am
@paulo12,
Don't come here to find it.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2021 06:56 am
@paulo12,
When I read this, I think that your father abused you. He hurt you when he should have been caring for you..As a teen you thought this was normal because you had no way to know that what your father did was wrong.

Some people think that spanking a child is acceptable. What your father did was worse... I don't think any sane person would think that beating a teenager with a belt is acceptable. It is cruel.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2021 07:08 am
@paulo12,
Please seek counseling to help you deal with this feeling that pain/ punishment is a way to find attention/ love. Shame is often the root of addiction.

This is causing you discomfort. You don’t have to live like this.
BillRM

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2021 01:18 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

Please seek counseling to help you deal with this feeling that pain/ punishment is a way to find attention/ love. Shame is often the root of addiction.

This is causing you discomfort. You don’t have to live like this.

Quote:

From Robert Heinlein book star ship trooper

"Corporal punishment in schools was forbidden by law," he had gone on. "Flogging was lawful as sentence of court only in one small province, Delaware, and there only for a few crimes and was rarely invoked; it was regarded as 'cruel and unusual punishment.' " Dubois had mused aloud, "I do not understand objections to 'cruel and unusual' punishment. While a judge should be benevolent in purpose, his awards should cause the criminal to suffer, else there is no punishment - and pain is the basic mechanism built into us by millions of years of evolution which safeguards us by warning when something threatens our survival. Why should society refuse to use such a highly perfected survival mechanism?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Punishment
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 05:42:05