Stillwater went ON A DATE tonite! With a WOMAN...

Eva

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 10:44 am
You're right, Joe. It'd make great reading.

Speaking of stories, how in the hell did someone like you ever manage to wind up with women that hardhearted?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 11:26 am
Who ever said that Dating Again didn't need practice?

The rules of dating are changing radically and Social Life, 2005 doesn't come with a textbook.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 12:11 pm
Dating?

Isn't that the thing where you wake up in a strange place with a pounding headache that you only forget about when you break a toe on a hidden chair leg fishing around in the mess of clothes on the floor for your other shoe and biting the hell out of your tongue because you certainly don't want to scream out "OH F*CK" and let whoever is in the shower know that you are up and about and on your way out?

If not, congratulations, Mr. Runsdeep.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 12:20 pm
That's great, Stillie, you lucky, horny bastard.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 05:17 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Who ever said that Dating Again didn't need practice?

The rules of dating are changing radically and Social Life, 2005 doesn't come with a textbook.

Thank you Noddy - I feel that my efforts in this New Age of Dating seem to resemble those of the Old Testament. You know the fellow how has to wait 7 or 10 years at a time and marry the sister or aunt or some-one before his 'beloved' notices he's breathing?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 05:25 am
kickycan wrote:
That's great, Stillie, you lucky, horny bastard.

Many thanks also to our resident 'love-broker' Kicky. You may need to sit down for this one - I has done the the crime, now ah is doin' the time!

It is not just about... ahem, the physical. It's about making up for being a bit of a real idiot/prick in my 20's. I have no idea where this is going to take me - we just met, talked a little and went to see a movie together. For two people who haven't really seen much of each other in a decade or so - it might strike you as somewhat lacking in content.

I just miss the woman I knew those years ago, but I understand that we're no way anything like those two younger people. As Noddy said, they don't supply you with a user's manual.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 05:28 am
I also salute Patiodog - the last of the true 'romantics'. Nothing penicillin can't cure, though ; )
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 06:10 am
Hmmmmmmm.......
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 07:28 am
Slow beginnings are good...eventually you can write the manual.

Are there plans for a second date?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 06:47 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Are there plans for a second date?

In this century? I hope so :wink:
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 07:46 pm
eva asked joe
Quote:
Speaking of stories, how in the hell did someone like you ever manage to wind up with women that hardhearted?

This is not my thread, but because it relates to relationships, and you asked, I'll tell you:

I said 'yes' to everything they asked.

There is nothing that hardens a heart more than unending acquiescence.

Joe(So, stilly, what did the note say?)Nation
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 11:01 pm
Joe Nation wrote:

Aw crap. And I thought only women did that.

Whaddya know. You learn something every day. Whoa! It's midnight! Now I don't have to learn anything else until Saturday!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 04:25 am
Eva wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:

Aw crap. And I thought only women did that.

Damaged people of any variety do that.

Hey, it's time to go back to wondering if Stilly is getting his ashes hauled.

J
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 10:19 am
True. <sigh>

So, Mr. Doggie, how long are you going to wait to ask her out again?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 11:01 am
Stillwater
Stillwater, do YOU want this reunion to proceed to a new on-going relationship? Friendship or something more?

BBB
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 02:47 am
Hellsbellz, Stilly - it wasn't Helena Carr, was it?

There have been consequences! Bob is planning to fight you.

(Our state Premier, Bob Carr, resigned unexpectedly on Wednesday - with no apparent need, no real scandal - only political incompetence - and he's not alone, there!)
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 03:33 am
margo wrote:
Hellsbellz, Stilly - it wasn't Helena Carr, was it?

There have been consequences! Bob is planning to fight you.

(Our state Premier, Bob Carr, resigned unexpectedly on Wednesday - with no apparent need, no real scandal - only political incompetence - and he's not alone, there!)

If it had of been Helena (what kind of an Asian name is that anyhow?) you would be reading about it in the Sunday papers....

Lawd sakes!!!! It's hard enuff to get this woman to acknowledge I exist!!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 04:36 am
Wait. Now maybe this Helena person has potential. You should call her as a supporting friend and once you have been seen squiring her around a few times maybe this other person you are really pursuing will show more interest. Women always want some other woman's man. ooboy. Don't I know it?

Happy to help.

Joe
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 04:51 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Wait. Now maybe this Helena person has potential. You should call her as a supporting friend and once you have been seen squiring her around a few times maybe this other person you are really pursuing will show more interest. Women always want some other woman's man. ooboy. Don't I know it?

Happy to help.

Joe

She may also just kick me in the nuts. And I really WOULD FUKKEN KNOW IT at that point!!

The wife of the State of NSW is unlikely to choose me over her partner of 30 years (unless he decides to confess to a string of adulterous relationships, AS IF!!).

I must say - however - that your advice is miles ahead of that I have been given by other 'happy' folk here. To whit:

-'Kidnap her family and send body parts to her on the hour' - Kicky

-'If she has a grandmother, chances are that she is single right now. She probably doesn't have any teeth either! That gets me SO hot!!' - Gus

-'F$ck her sister and all her girlfriends!! What do you have to lose?' - Slappy

'There is a Federal Court order stopping you (or your proxy) from entering the State of Sth Australia! Fear the Bunny!!!' - Deb Lowan

'.......and Victoria too! Keep your unclean, disgusting hands on the women of the North!!' - msolga

'Setting up a PHB website with unlimited user access will cost you plenty!!' - CdK (via Able2know.met)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 05:03 am
Oh. I see. I don't think I got the memo.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 04:34:25