Stupid deliveries (or lack there of)

Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 09:38 am
Has anyone had issues with deliveries lately?

I was supposed to have a mini keurig delivered (for the college kid) - it never came when it was supposed to; I contacted the company and they tried to track it down. It just seemed to be stopped on the truck somewhere. So they sent me a new one. That one came as planned. A couple of weeks later the other one finally came.

Now I tried to deliver a gift to a friend. It was supposed to be delivered on her birthday - this time it was from amazon. similar thing happened it is lost on the truck again. Still has not arrived a week later.

This has happened before and it seems to be increasing in frequency.

Has anyone noticed this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 258 • Replies: 8
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 10:00 am
@Linkat,
The USPS problems are quite publicized due to DeJoy's criminal-adjacent meddling and publicly attempt to destroy the institution from within.

I ordered eyeglasses from the VA hospital. I was supposed to get them 2 or 3 weeks from ordering. Tracking them, it took them 2 weeks to be picked up from the facility to the FIRST mail distribution center in Florida.

I eventually got them 3 weeks after that (basically yesterday). I'm glad they were only glasses and not an actual necessary life-saving prescription medicine. I do get my regular meds delivered via the mail but thankfully it comes from the Manhattan hospital - and so far in a timely fashion.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 10:26 am
I've been waiting over a month for a package.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 11:19 am
@tsarstepan,
Well this is amazon delivery so not USPS - but I can track it and it got on the truck -- just never got any further (at least according to the tracking).

I forgot how my other product was being mailed it was not amazon - it was either fedex or UPS - the tracking said it reached the local facility and it was on the truck and then they seemed to lose track of it.

It just seems that they are losing packages more often.
Mame

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 12:47 pm
@Linkat,
Probably new hires.
0 Replies

seac

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 03:20 pm
@Linkat,
Yeah, USPS deliveries are moving slow the past weeks. I sent out stuff I sold on fleabay by Priority Mail and it didn't get delivered till 8-10 days later. Packages gets stuck at some postal centers for days before moving again.
Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 03:24 pm
@seac,
Better send out my daughter's Halloween package now then so it is there before the end of the month
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2021 01:59 pm
actually the USPS has worked the best for me (so far) my daughter received yesterday what I sent all within reasonable amount of time.

It seems for me, it has been any place in which I place an order - not me sending something directly.

Funny I had until Tuesday with Amazon if it was not received you can try to re-order or get a refund. So I tried to re-order - it was no longer available so I asked for the refund. I went and ordered my friend a different birthday gift. I got confirmation yesterday that the refund was being processed.

I get a text from my friend a little bit ago - I got it! With a picture of it.

So I tell her bonus! You are getting another gift on Friday because I canceled this one.
Mame

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2021 06:37 pm
@Linkat,
how come you never send me anything? huh?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Stupid deliveries (or lack there of)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:33:03