6

Gardening Preferences

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2021 07:08 am
Do you prefer to maintain the condition of your garden on your own or do you prefer to trust the professionals?

engineer

2  
Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2021 07:25 am
@gardenerslondon,
Do it myself. What is the joy is farming it out to others? Might as well dig it up and put down decorative rocks.

PUNKEY

1  
Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2021 07:35 am
I garden for two women who can’t lift or bend down. They can’t or won’t water, either. But they like flowers and enjoy sitting on the patio admiring the outside. They pay handsomely. So it’s a win-win situation.

hightor

1  
Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2021 07:36 am
@gardenerslondon,
The best thing about home gardening (as opposed to "estate" gardening) is that you can design it to fit your time, space, interest, and ability. If I need to call in "professionals" my garden's either too big, I haven't selected the most appropriate plants, or I've overestimated my enthusiasm.

1  
Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2021 09:48 am
@hightor,
what he said. I hadda call in some pros a few years ago an w dropped the total garden areas tome smaller plots, lotsa ground covers, stone mulh and raised beds .My farm takes up enuff ork an th house gardens need to be just big enough that they dont control our lives.

I o have some guys cut our lawns an aroun the road side of our pasture fences. Thats enuff "pros" for us , rather than spending 10 grand on a big zero turn
Mame

1  
Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2021 10:07 am
I do my own but due to back aches, I get my friend's son to do the heavy work - digging and weeding.

JonP6

1  
Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2021 02:22 am
@gardenerslondon,
I likely do all the work but I tend to ask for professional advice especially when I plan to sell off the property.