sodium bicarbonate

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2021 05:05 am
I want to start packing sodium bicarbonate for baking.
1. Can I repackage the food grade which is 100% in sackets and sale?
2. Do I need to add any other additives to stabilise The NaHCO3 or I can just re-pack the food grade 25 kg bag into small ones. I want to do this manually
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 271 • Replies: 4
No top replies

hightor

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2021 05:36 am
@Richard Owomugisha,
Quote:
1. Can I repackage the food grade which is 100% in sackets and sale?
Yes.
Quote:
2. Do I need to add any other additives to stabilise The NaHCO3...
No. Keep it clean as you repackage it and store it in a dry place.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2021 03:11 pm
@Richard Owomugisha,
id think youd need to have a packet of a drier agent. are you going to use it or sell it?
If youre going to sell it I expect your govt health dept or Dept of Agriculture has rules about repacking and food safety.
I live in the USA and weve got rules that are different in every state

dont ask an internet chat site, we dont know anything unless we work for those agencies
hightor

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2021 06:10 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
id think youd need to have a packet of a drier agent.

I've never seen anything other than 100% bicarbonate of soda listed on the ingredients panel.
Quote:
dont ask an internet chat site, we dont know anything unless we work for those agencies

He didn't say anything about resale but if that's his intention, yeah, he'd want to check that out.
farmerman

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2021 08:47 am
@hightor,
baking soda for bakeries usually includes a bag of a drier agent. household sizes , unless theyre the "Amish Family size" are in muh smallr boxes and are used up within a yar.Baking soda will suck up vverything around it espcially water. Most people kep an open box in the frige to deodorize .

I shoulda said,Anti-"caking" agents. According to the web, these are usually dusted on to the sugar, flour, baking powder(soda) Hw soune lik he got it as a raw product
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » sodium bicarbonate
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 04:55:18