Reason to end friendship?

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2021 05:05 am
Hello, this topic will be kinda long and I appreciate everyone reading it. I am 1st semester student that has 2 friends form elementary school. Through high school we hang out almost every single day. We went everywhere together, like best friends. Although we have different personalities and views at life, we stood up together. Last year of high school, we dreamed of going to the same capital city, that life as a student will be awesome...
I am more laid down person who doesn't want to spend money on some things. I rely on school and believe that it will take me somewhere better in future (I am on 1st semester of computer science-programmer).
Now, the other friend (lets say friend A) spends money on some things I find stupid. He likes to buy kelvin clein and other famous brands. However, he is not rich. He played football (aka soccer) for our local city and was given an opportunity to play for main team, he declined. Also as every 4-year high schooler, has opportunity to go to college, he needs to pass tests like math, english and so. He didn't pass it. He relied on playing football(for some low class club) and working in capital city.
Another thing to mention that he is kinda evily clever-idk how to say it but you will see later.

Third friend (friend B)is somewhere in between us, he goes to college and likes football, but he is not the main theme of this topic.

The lessor(person who owns the apartment), said that if we don't stay in apartment for that month we can pay only half the price. But my friend A wanted to stay 1 whole month before my and friend's B college started. With that, we payed full price for him and agreed to pay that month bill differently(Friend A 2/3 and me and friend B 1/3 of bills) since we come only for 2 days in the end of the month. So, me and B moved in together to capital city 1 month after friend A. I was thinking that we have to make some order, organize so that our living together could be easier. When shall we clean the house, buy things that we share and so on...

Important thing steps in here: I take care of things in house, like it clean in some sort. Friend A lived in apartment 1 month alone and I told him some things he needs to take care in order to maintain normally. For example the drier; after every usage, its filter needs to be cleaned-it only takes a minute, literally. Another thing is that our shower after using it needs to be cleaned with some kind of wiper, so wipe the glass to remove the water drops.
We came to the house and saw everything dirty, shower dirty, drier not cleaned, bathroom, kitchen sink full of dirty dishes, apartment was like there were three pigs living, actually!

I said to myself that it's temporary thing since he lived alone, but guess what, it wasn't.
Another thing is that the lessor came into the house while no one was in there. With this thought, I did something probably crazy. I buyed a camera and put it in my room so that when she comes in I see it. Two of my friends noticed it and were kinda suspicious. Later, as we began our living, friend A always left mess after him. He always dirties dishes and leave them. I told him to clean them after he uses them so anyone else can use it and its easier for him to clean it sooner than later. But no, he doesn't listen. This was getting on my nerves. Why can't he clean it like me and friend B.
As me and friend B are students, we have privilege to student food which friend A hasn't. Friend A as I said is kinda evily clever and asked us to lend him or student card so he can eat. But there is a catch with this card. It has a limit and lending it to a non owner person is punishable. I refused in every way. Althrough he is my friend, why would I, student that doesn't work and has to look at every penny, lend him my card, person who is working like a normal person just so I can be a good friend and have to think will I pass over the limit (when I pass the limit I pay meals in full price)? Give him the privilege of student card so he can buy expensive stuff... I don't think that's alright. He was mad at this, but this is not where the story ends.
My mom and dad came to apartment to sleep over to bring me some things and to see how the apartment is. Both friends knew this and were fully aware. The day my mom and dad came, in the night they were out to see some friends while me and 2 friends were going out. I came home earlier with mom and dad and my friends stayed outside. My mom, dad and me came home. Mom went to bathroom and couldn't believe her eyes; friend A took a sh*t and didn't flush the toilet. My parents were devastated. Next morning both friends didn't wake up since they were all night partying and my parents didn't wake them up. My mom knows friend's A mom and decided to tell her how her son is behaving. Which in my opinion is okey since friend A didn't apologise or said anything. Day later friend A was home alone and pointed middle finger to a camera. This sounds stupid but it wasn't really friendly of him to do it. It wasn't something for kidding. It was really out of hate since he hasn't any thing in my room to do. A few days passed since my mom and dad left(mom didn't said anything to his mom yet). One morning I wake up and see that someone p*ssed in toilet and didn't flush it again! I was mad as hell since it was friend A that did it. Friend B left city for a few days as I planned the same. It happens that that morning my mom told friend's A mom about him. I leave house, saying goodbye to friend A and there is some tension in air but ok. I get on bus and get a message from friend A. He tells me that he is not speaking with me again. He says that we will live together this month until his club gives him a new apartment. He told me something in a way: do you say everything to your mom???

I was shocked...Me and friend B expected to sit down and talk about our behaviour but friend A ends friendship through a message? Damn...
What are your thoughts on this?
Thank you for reading.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 199 • Replies: 1

jespah

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2021 05:17 am
Good thing he's moving out.

Yours is not the first friendship to end over a bad living situation.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Reason to end friendship?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 12:27:42