Middle School Teacher Arrested

nycdad

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2021 01:21 am
Why in the name of Heaven would an adult trash her teaching career simply to sleep with a 14-year old former student? Preposterous! You say?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hialeah-middle-teacher-jailed-cops-233148499.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 555 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2021 06:01 am
@nycdad,
nycdad wrote:

Why in the name of Heaven would an adult trash her teaching career simply to sleep with a 14-year old former student? Preposterous! You say?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hialeah-middle-teacher-jailed-cops-233148499.html

Sadly you hear this happening way too much. I have no idea what must be going through their minds.
nycdad

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2021 08:11 pm
@Linkat,
Teaching is such a wonderful career. Why would anyone do this? Prerequisites to become a teacher get harder and harder each year. Why go through all of this red tape to do something so dumb?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2021 03:24 am
@nycdad,
nycdad wrote:

Teaching is such a wonderful career.

Is it ****.

Long hours, low pay, violent parents and ungrateful kids.

I'd like to see you try it.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2021 03:39 am
@izzythepush,
And in America you've got to contend with the NRA shooting the place up every week.
nycdad

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 12:58 am
@izzythepush,
I worked as a sub teacher in the NYC area for 8 years. Why don't you try working as a sub teacher in the worst NYC ghetto areas? I quit subbing but not soon enough. The longest 8 years of my miserable NYC life.
nycdad

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 01:02 am
@izzythepush,
The entire education system in the United States is a joke. High school students graduating from high school with a diploma they shouldn't have. Hiring out-of-subject teachers. Lowering teaching standards every year to make wave for people totally disqualified for the ranks of teacher. I can go on and on.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 01:22 am
@nycdad,
Why would I want to work in America?

I spent a fortnight on holiday there, that was enough.

So when you said teaching was a wonderful job you were talking out of your arse.

As is pretty much everything you'vecwritten on A2K.
Linkat

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 06:23 am
@nycdad,
nycdad wrote:

The entire education system in the United States is a joke. High school students graduating from high school with a diploma they shouldn't have. Hiring out-of-subject teachers. Lowering teaching standards every year to make wave for people totally disqualified for the ranks of teacher. I can go on and on.

So you taught in one small area of the country and you consider the entire system a joke. The US is very diverse itself and even if you are looking just within your state of NY - inner city schools are probably significantly different than say upper state NY schools or a private school in the city.

There are some very good schools and some very good teachers - fortunately I have seen more of the positive than the negative (and yes I have seen some of the negative).

My kids went to both public and private schools and there were good and bad about each.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 06:31 am
@izzythepush,
Well I guess spending a couple of weeks in one area makes one an expert about an entire country.

Now I understand why you are so down on America - because you only saw a small bit - really how can one determine that.

When I went to the UK - I was in London and saw in front of my hotel a man getting beaten .. I was up several floors and watched in shock as many people just walked by and let the beating occur without saying or doing a thing. I opened the window and yelled down to him stop I have called the police leave that man alone. He yelled back at me - when I had called right before the front desk would do nothing not even call the police (this is pre-cell phones). I ran down the stairs and called myself and ran outside but by that time the police were there.

So after that experience and spending two weeks in the UK I decide you are all a bunch of thugs and uncaring individuals.

Well that is enough for me.

No - there were things I liked there and things that were horrible like that and also almost getting trampled in a concert. So yeah my impression overall should be what a bunch of crazy mean uncaring people. But fortunately I am open and intelligent enough that a 2 week experience does not define all.

And the US is significantly more diverse and different depending where you travel to.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 07:13 am
@Linkat,
We don't have the NRA shooting up schools.

I could never live somewhere child's life comes second to some sad loser's need to have a gun.

The health care system is another factor,
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 07:59 am
@izzythepush,
Any downer I have about America has everything to do with Reagan using British airbases tobomb Tripoli withno correct procedure, just and from Thatcher.

As a result we had the Lockerbie bombings, and we still have foreign troops occupying our country and treating the local population like ****.

Harry Dunn was killed because Anne Sacoolas couldn't be bothered to learn what side of the road to drive 9n.

The she fled justice.

These bases need to be closed down now and the troops sent back to America.
Linkat

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 09:46 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

We don't have the NRA shooting up schools.

I could never live somewhere child's life comes second to some sad loser's need to have a gun.

The health care system is another factor,

We do not have the NRA shooting up schools. We have crazy people doing that.

And of course it does not come before a child's life.

And actually our healthcare system is very good. Funny when a friend that I used to work with went to London to work for a year. He was sick so he was told he walk into any health facility to get healthcare. So he walked to the nearest one. He walks in and its really lavish - he goes to the desk only to be turned away - apparently this health center only catered to the very wealthy.

Seems your royalty and wealthy have a whole different healthcare system than the average joe.

In the US everyone has health insurance. It is paid according to how much you can afford. Those that say they do not have health insurance simply do not want to pay their share - being a free country you have that option - you simply have to pay a fee to opt out. But it is available to all - if you have no income you do not pay anything.

My mom who is retired and lives on some savings and social security has better insurance than my family does that has two people working. So yes, those that earn less do get quality coverage.

Of course you would not understand that as you do not live here. It is easy to criticize something you really have not experienced.

I do respect another opinion but one that is well thought out and not just bashing - now if you said something like - I do not believe that guns should be allowed at all. Then fine that is your opinion.

But saying an extreme thing like "I could never live somewhere child's life comes second to some sad loser's need to have a gun" is a bit extreme as no one even someone who owns a gun would say that a child's life is less important other than a very few extreme crazies where I am sure you have just a few in your country.

Although I experienced personally in your country people who did not care to help another person being beaten and simply could walk away without doing anything and a hotel clerk that would not even pick up the phone to call the police knowing a man was being beaten (yeah he was even being kicked in the head with blood gushing out). But us mean Americans that want to kill children is the only one speaking up for him while you careless English just walk on by, glance and continue on their way.

You might not use guns, but you do not hesitate to kick some one laying on the ground in the head.
Linkat

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 09:47 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Any downer I have about America has everything to do with Reagan using British airbases tobomb Tripoli withno correct procedure, just and from Thatcher.

So all of America sucks because of that - well there is a whole slew of bad history in England ....

I never ever stated America was perfect - no where is. I respect other countries and their culture and would not say half the things you do about any other country even though I may not agree with some things in a particular country. I can state my disagreement with certain policies and lack of freedom and so forth without saying a country is trash or hate children or any other extreme type of comments like you do.

I prefer to have a mutual respect and will not stoop to the levels that you tend to do.

I will not even hold this personally against you - I just personally think you are short-sighted and biased and lack any openness and respect - if you don't like something anything remotely associated with it is just trash. (yeah sounds a bit opposite but it is how I feel).
Linkat

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 09:54 am
That being said and off my chest - I do think most teachers are hard working and actually do try to teach and improve students. But like any industry or occupation there are some bad "apples" (need to use that apple term for our teachers).
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 10:15 am
@Linkat,
After WW2 American solders took home with them so many English women as war brides that American women was complaining about it and the old saying was that American soldiers was overpaid, over sex and over here.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 03:50 pm
@Linkat,
I never said all of America sucked I said I wouldn't want to live there, and you can see why with people like BillRM going on about WW2 all of the ******* time.
puto

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 04:28 pm
@nycdad,
In matters of sex /love, reason goes out of the window, so you can't ask "Why".
She was tempted and couldn't resist.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 04:40 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I never said all of America sucked I said I wouldn't want to live there, and you can see why with people like BillRM going on about WW2 all of the ******* time.

You do know that WW2 is not all that far in the world past and it effect more then one generation in both the US and the UK and the effects still are echoing around the world?

For myself it was just blind chance that my father survive that war and came home to father me.

Hell he was removed from one troop ship to another so he could remain with other members of a military band and the ship he was removed from was sunk with all hands.

Due to his work on the Norden bombsight his officer had orders not to allow him to become prisoner of the Japanese and to killed him if need be.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 05:42 pm
@Linkat,
There should be a happier middle ground where we allow people to carry around deadly high power rifles in one nation able to killed children by the dozens and the other nation do not allow even their Olympic team to have and practice with pistols and force them to leave their nation in order to practice.

So the UK is insane in one direction and the US in the other direction.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Middle School Teacher Arrested
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:03:35