Rep. Pramila Jayapal: Progressives are fighting to deliver President Biden's agenda.

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2021 09:23 pm
Rep. Pramila Jayapal: Progressives are fighting to deliver President Biden's agenda Smile

Published: Sep 28, 2021

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,223 • Replies: 12

Real Music

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2021 09:27 pm
Democratic Rep. Pramila Jayapal of Washington state, chair of the Congressional
Progressive Caucus, joins Judy Woodruff to discuss Congress' efforts around
reconciliation and infrastructure Smile

Published: Sep 22, 2021

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2021 09:52 pm
Jayapal: 'Happy' To Have Meeting With Manchin, Sinema.

Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.) discusses the future of the reconciliation bill and says she
is "happy" to have a meeting with Senators Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema.

Published: Sep 24, 2021

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2021 10:45 pm
Rep. Pramila Jayapal makes clear to Rachel Maddow that she's is more committed to
getting the Biden agenda items that progressives (and Democrats broadly, and American
voters) want in the reconciliation bill than in keeping an "arbitrary" Thursday voting
deadline even as time runs short.

Published: Sep 27, 2021

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2021 11:15 pm
The Last Word With Lawrence O'Donnell
FULL 9/29/21 | MSNBC BREAKING NEWS
Today September 29

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2021 11:23 pm
Kyrsten Sinema Courts Donors Opposed To Bill Democrats Are Trying To Pass: NYT Sad

Rachel Maddow shares reporting from the New York Times that Senator Kyrsten Sinema
is schedule to host a Tuesday fundraiser with PACs and lobbyists who oppose tax
changes in the reconciliation bill that Democrats are trying to negotiate to passage.

Published: Sep 27, 2021

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2021 01:19 am
Sen. Elizabeth Warren on getting all 50 Dem Senators on board with Biden agenda.

“We’re trying to make it happen – and I think we’re going to do it,” says Senator Elizabeth
Warren
on this crucial week for the Biden legislative agenda.

Published: Sep 29, 2021

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 12:54 am
Rep. Pramila Jayapal sees finish line in tandem Infrastructure Bill process.

Rep. Pramila Jayapal, chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, talks with Rachel
Maddow about the final negotiations as the Build Back Better bill comes together, and offers
assurances that a bill is forthcoming despite another day back at the drawing board.

Published: October 28, 2021

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 04:08 pm
Just in case any ignorant person is following this and imagines for a moment that the steaming pile of horseshit that former progressive Jayapal is calling a ‘progressive victory’ is anything but an intentionally watered-down snotty loogy into the face of regular people who do the bulk of the living, dying, working, and suffering in this country,

I’ll just add:

HORSESHIT.
She’s a turncoat.
roger

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 04:24 pm
@Lash,
Okay, I'll put you in the negative column.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 05:38 pm
@Lash,
Absolutely.
Lash wrote:

Just in case any ignorant person is following this and imagines for a moment that the steaming pile of horseshit that former progressive Jayapal is calling a ‘progressive victory’ is anything but an intentionally watered-down snotty loogy into the face of regular people who do the bulk of the living, dying, working, and suffering in this country,

I’ll just add:

HORSESHIT.
She’s a turncoat.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 07:38 pm
@Lash,
Quote:

I’ll just add:

HORSESHIT.
She’s a turncoat.

1. You are welcome to your own opinion

2. My opinion differs from yours.

3. I greatly revere and respect both Rep. Pramila Jayapal and Rep. Katie Porter.

4. Both Rep. Pramila Jayapal and Rep. Katie Porter are wonderful Representatives.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2022 02:50 pm
Rep. Jayapal (D-WA): “Congress was poised to cap the cost of insulin ... until (Republicans) stripped it from the bill.”

Published August 12, 2022

Quote:
Representative Pramila Jayapal (D-WA) praised progressives for helping shape and pass the Inflation Reduction Act, but lamented some of the items that were lost in negotiation with Republicans - particularly a cap on the cost of insulin: “Congress was poised to cap the cost of insulin ... until Republicans stripped it from the bill.”

JAYAPAL: We are at the progressive caucus heartbroken to see investments in care and housing, immigration, workforce and more left on the cutting room floor. And it's particularly outrageous that Congress was poised to cap the cost of insulin for everyone with private insurance at $35 a month until Republicans stripped it from the bill. And we expect this bill to pass without a single Republican vote, even though the legislation is supported by nearly three out of four Americans across the political spectrum. I am so proud of the role that the progressive caucus played in this fight. From the beginning, progressives have fought tooth and nail to advance the full scope of the president's economic agenda. And let's be clear, we are here because progressives held the line to turn that agenda into a house-passed piece of legislation.

https://news.yahoo.com/rep-jayapal-d-wa-congress-144629666.html
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Rep. Pramila Jayapal: Progressives are fighting to deliver President Biden's agenda.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:58:43