The blame for dead Americans in Afganistan falls squarely at the feet of Biden voters

Thu 19 Aug, 2021 07:50 pm
I've had to stop watching the news altogether over the past day, I'm so disgusted.

A close family friend died in Afghanistan several years ago and this opens old wounds.

Everyone who voted for Biden out of childish spite bears responsibility for what has happened this past week. This is what you all voted for.

seac

Thu 19 Aug, 2021 07:58 pm
@Stephanie29,
I am not a Biden fan, but I agree to the pullout of US forces from Afghanistan. So far bloodshed has been very minimal when it could have been much worse if the Taliban were resisted. Trump also proposed to do the pullout if he was still in office.
maxdancona

Thu 19 Aug, 2021 08:01 pm
@Stephanie29,
You can't be upset with Biden's policy in Afghanistan without also being upset with Trump (I don't know if you are a Trump supporter).

Biden was just finishing what Trump started.

If you are upset with both Trump and Biden, then at least your post makes sense. I personally agree with Trump's decision to start the pullout and to negotiate with the Taliban, and I agree with Biden's decision to follow through with it.

Stephanie29

Thu 19 Aug, 2021 08:32 pm
@maxdancona,
It's not even important who i support. Trump wouldn't have caused a disaster like this and everyone knows it. The Biden voters were so spiteful that they voted in a person with dementia for no reason other than spite. All other countries see that our leader is mentally vacant. Our military is now staffed with people who aren't qualified to defend our country because of the sake of wokness and "diversity". America is ripe to fall. Biden voters caused this.
maxdancona

Thu 19 Aug, 2021 08:37 pm
@Stephanie29,
Quote:
Trump wouldn't have caused a disaster like this and everyone knows it.

You are incorrect. Trump did "cause this disaster" (although I don't think the withdrawal is a disaster). Biden simple finished what Trump started. Trump was promising to get of Afghanistan since the beginning of his campaign. And even now Trump is saying that the withdrawal is "wonderful news"

I happen to agree with Trump on this issue. I think US should have left Afghanistan a decade ago.

Get your facts straight before you start ranting about this.
neptuneblue

Thu 19 Aug, 2021 08:38 pm
@Stephanie29,
You're a senior in high school. Your opinion bears no resemblance on how Bush got us into there any way. So, before you start pointing fingers, start with some History lessons.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Thu 19 Aug, 2021 08:48 pm
I am not a Trump fan. In fact I think his presidency was one of the worst in the country's history. I have no problem saying that I would have voted for almost anyone other than Trump. This is not "out of spite". This is out of my belief that Trump was a uniquely horrible president.

For the record, I have been around for lots of presidents, and the is is the first president about whom I feel this way.

That being said, Getting the US the **** out of Afghanistan is one area where I agree with Donald Trump. I even agreed with Trump about talking to the Taliban (something for which he took criticism from many sides).

This is maybe the only thing I think Trump did right in his administration. Don't screw this up for me.

(Afterthought: your claim that how people voted in 2020 makes them responsible for people dying "several years ago" is a little confusing to me.)
Stephanie29

Thu 19 Aug, 2021 09:03 pm
@maxdancona,
Can you list reasons why Trump was in your opinion the worst without citing unfalsifiable claims such as him being a racist?

Why is gas so expensive now under Biden? Why is inflation out of control? Why are used cars, lumber, and homes unavailable to working people who need them?

Were these things problems during Trump's tenure?

Why is our military focusing on diversity quotas instead of recruiting able bodied young men?

Why is our economy tanking? Why is my generation facing a bleak future?
maxdancona

Thu 19 Aug, 2021 09:26 pm
@Stephanie29,
You started a topic about leaving Afghanistan. This is a topic that interests me (especially because it is a case where I support president Trump even though I disagree with him about most other things).

Do you really want a list of my gripes about Mr. Trump? That is much less interesting.

I do think it is important for me to agree with Trump when he is right rather than to oppose him just because I think he is an asshole. I do think he is an asshole... but in this case Trump was right. So I will agree with him.

If you ask again, I will give you my list of gripes with Trump. However, gripes are opinions, and such a list would bore me. It is far more interesting to talk about the issues.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 19 Aug, 2021 10:00 pm
@Stephanie29,
Stephanie29 wrote:

Can you list reasons why Trump was in your opinion the worst without citing unfalsifiable claims such as him being a racist?

Why is gas so expensive now under Biden? It's not, and the President doesn't control gas prices. By the way, gasoline prices have been higher in past years.

Why is inflation out of control? It's not, you haven't seen inflation yet...but all the adults here have lived thru past inflation nightmares.

Why are used cars, lumber, and homes unavailable to working people who need them? COVID put a big dent in production, computer chips for cars have not been available EVERYTHING has been disrupted due to COVID. Complicating supply was when the big container ship got stuck in the Suez Canal for six days. It dammed up worldwide shipping and froze $10 billion dollars in trade each day.

Were these things problems during Trump's tenure?
No, he presided over the denial of COVID and the death of over 600,000 Americans.

Why is our military focusing on diversity quotas instead of recruiting able bodied young men? Who is telling you this stuff??

I've got news for you sweetie, the Military will be seeing a drawdown in numbers because we started to move out of Afganizstan. Military personnel are the first ones cut to save money...but they really won't save money because the Joint Chiefs are probably already considering expensive hardware to replace humans and they will toss the whole readiness charade out the window.

(Am I the only person on this forum who remembers how poorly equipped our forces were when they were first sent to Afganistan. Donald Rumsfeld infamously announce that you go to war with the Army you have, not the Army you wish you had). That was how they rationalized the poor equipment we sent with our forces to fight.....weapons that jammed, equipment that would stop a sling shot from piecing the so-called protective armor.....Parents were buying vests and shipping them to their children because the crap the Army supplied was worthless.

Why is our economy tanking? Our economy is not tanking.

Why is my generation facing a bleak future? My best guess is because your generation is woefully under educated and more interested in video games and nifty tattoos than in learning how things work. I'm sure there are improvements that can be made but somebody has to have an idea and a plan before anything changes. A fully functional adult steps up and contributes to build a better future.....at some point it will become apparent that Wikipedia isn't the only source of information, and if you Google "How can I build a better society"., you won't get an answer that actually helps.

Start listening and reading more diverse opinions. Otherwise some huckster will come along and convince you that there are Jewish Space Lasers starting fires in California.

0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 20 Aug, 2021 12:28 am
@seac,
seac wrote:
I agree to the pullout of US forces from Afghanistan.

Is it the Afghan people that you hate, or are you just against democracy and human rights in principle?
oralloy

Fri 20 Aug, 2021 12:29 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I personally agree with Trump's decision to start the pullout and to negotiate with the Taliban, and I agree with Biden's decision to follow through with it.

The same question for you:
Is it the Afghan people that you hate, or are you just against democracy and human rights in principle?
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 20 Aug, 2021 12:30 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Trump did "cause this disaster"

Nonsense. Mr. Trump is not responsible for Traitor Joe's actions.

maxdancona wrote:
Biden simply finished what Trump started.

As if he was helpless and had no choice but to carry through with Mr. Trump's bad ideas.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 20 Aug, 2021 05:18 am
@Stephanie29,
Quote:
Trump wouldn't have caused a disaster like this and everyone knows it.

If he were still in power he'd probably have made it worse, raining down bombs and missiles in an effort to look "tough".

David A. Graham, The Atlantic wrote:
Donald Trump keeps flip-flopping on Afghanistan. It’s a reminder that the core values of Trumpism are whatever Trump needs them to be.

Donald Trump knows he’s against President Joe Biden’s withdrawal from Afghanistan. He’s been saying as much, in harsh words, in the prolific statements he’s been emailing out since he got banned from Twitter.

His problem: The withdrawal follows a template that Trump himself set out. As I wrote earlier this week, Biden and Trump have both chosen to emphasize America’s narrow national interest by exiting Afghanistan as quickly as possible. Now the former president needs to figure out why exactly he hates Biden’s approach

On Monday, Trump railed against the United States for leaving behind civilians who’d helped American troops, a position that placed him in alignment with my colleague George Packer, many progressives, and some Republicans. “Can anyone even imagine taking out our Military before evacuating civilians and others who have been good to our Country and who should be allowed to seek refuge?” Trump wrote.

That humanitarian concern, however, placed him at odds with the MAGA movement. Tucker Carlson delivered nativist warnings about Afghan refugees (“First we invade, and then we are invaded”). Steve Cortes, a Newsmax host and Trump 2020 aide, tweeted a picture of Afghans on a transport plane with the caption, “Raise your hand if you want this plane landing in your town?”

Suddenly Trump changed his tune. He emailed supporters the same photo that Cortes tweeted, saying, “This plane should have been full of Americans. America First!”

The about-face is a reminder that although Trump holds a few core values (racism, anti-immigration, protectionism), he is otherwise ideologically flexible. His insight in 2016 was to endorse views widely held by Republican voters but rejected by other GOP politicians as deplorable, politically unwise, or both. But Trump sometimes misreads his supporters—and when he does, he often moves quickly to get back in line.

Trump is still trying to find the right angle to reconcile his xenophobia with his attacks on Biden. In yet another statement today, he offered a critique of the administration’s military logistics: “First you bring out all of the American citizens. Then you bring out ALL equipment. Then you bomb the bases into smithereens—AND THEN YOU BRING OUT THE MILITARY. You don’t do it in reverse order like Biden and our woke Generals did.”

In tactical terms, this makes zero sense. But then coherence has never been a requirement for Trump—or Trumpism.

Quote:
Why is gas so expensive now under Biden? Why is inflation out of control? Why are used cars, lumber, and homes unavailable to working people who need them?

Um, did you know that there's a global pandemic going on? Did you read about the shortage of electronic chips caused by this pandemic? Do you realize the economic implications of a worldwide shortage of computer chips? Did you ever hear of "supply and demand"? Do you know anything about OPEC and how it's raised the price of oil by producing less? Do you remember how many industries were affected by the fact that people didn't want to travel during a pandemic? Did you know that lumber prices were beginning to fall as supplies began to to meet demand? (I said "were" because the Delta variant may affect construction again.) Do you understand for years the housing industry has concentrated on the upscale market and that many communities zone to restrict low-income housing?

Quote:
Our military is now staffed with people who aren't qualified to defend our country because of the sake of wokness and "diversity".

You don't know what you're talking about, you're just parroting FOX news talking points.

Quote:
America is ripe to fall.

Yes, the USA is in a precarious economic situation (but our economy is not "tanking") — as are all the rest of the advanced nations – the poorer countries already were. Biden didn't "cause" this and neither did the people who voted for him.
0 Replies

seac

Fri 20 Aug, 2021 11:44 pm
@oralloy,
It is not our war!
seac

Sat 21 Aug, 2021 01:20 am
@oralloy,
It is your kind of thinking that got us into the Vietnam War, and this prolonged war in Afghanistan. You want to impose American style democracy to people who are adhering to their own cultural traditions. Yes shower them with modern electronic gadgets, entice them with decadence, they see us as the ugly Americans.
oralloy

Sat 21 Aug, 2021 11:26 am
@seac,
In other words, you are just against democracy and human rights in principle.
oralloy

Sat 21 Aug, 2021 11:27 am
@seac,
seac wrote:
It is not our war!

Nonsense. When they slaughter thousands of civilians in New York City, we have every right to defend ourselves.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Sat 21 Aug, 2021 12:35 pm
@Stephanie29,
Stephanie29 wrote:
The blame for dead Americans in Afganistan falls squarely at the feet of Biden voters

. . .

A close family friend died in Afghanistan several years ago and this opens old wounds.

How are Biden voters to blame for dead Americans in Afghanistan, like your close family friend who died in Afghanistan several years ago, when these Americans died in Afghanistan years before these these voters voted for Biden?
0 Replies

seac

Sat 21 Aug, 2021 01:06 pm
@oralloy,
The American ideal of democracy don't apply to Islamic countries. They base their rule on their religion. Why don't you go there and try to do what you preach. My choice for President was neither Trump nor Biden. It was a lesser known Tulsi Gabbard who was forced to back out of the last election. She served in the military and was stationed there. I share her views.

1. Forums
  2. » The blame for dead Americans in Afganistan falls squarely at the feet of Biden voters
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 06:02:52