Positive thinking liberals: How rare are they?

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2021 02:21 pm
Looking at the liberal posts on this thread is downright depressing. Humanity on the brink of destructions, pollinators on the brink of extinction and plastics filling our oceans. And human beings themselves are plagued with wars, famines, violence against women and injustice.

Now... there are some problems, for example climate change (I will give them that). But even climate change is portrayed in apocalyptic terms.

I am not here to argue if this doom and gloom and destruction mindset is justified (although in my opinion the facts are actually quite positive).

My question is whether there are liberals who have a positive outlook on humanity in general, and an optimistic view on the future in general?

If you identify as a liberal, and have a positive view of our future and our ability to address our problems... I would like to hear from you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 326 • Replies: 12
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2021 02:33 pm
No, like other liberals I am thinking I need to storm the capital to hurt and kill cops and threaten lawmakers. Maybe have a great get-together without shots and masks later on. That'll own the conservatives.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2021 02:48 pm
We are very jolly.
farmerman

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2021 02:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
Is max considering himself a liberal?? I think we liberals all have senses of humor and the conservatives have none.

maxdancona

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2021 02:54 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Is max considering himself a liberal?? I think we liberals all have senses of humor and the conservatives have none.

I used to be a liberal. Apparently the line has shifted, and I have never been that dismal.
farmerman

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2021 02:57 pm
@maxdancona,
Ive figured that you were usually missing a more developed sense of humor. Lifes too important to take seriously
farmerman

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2021 03:03 pm
@farmerman,
Oh wait, maybe its no that the Conservatives are humor -free, perhaps its because they keep coming up with this new material. (Like the entire 2020 election, in a real world thatd be on Broadway) like "The Producers"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2021 09:23 pm
It's too bad Elvis died. I would like to see him cast as Donald Trump singing Springtime For Hitler.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2021 09:53 pm
Did anybody notice that a bad old liberal threatened to blow up 2 blocks in DC before the police took him into custody?
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2021 03:39 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Ive figured that you were usually missing a more developed sense of humor. Lifes too important to take seriously

Conservative to liberal: Do you know liberals have no sense of humor?

Liberal in response: No...but if you hum a few bars, I may be able to fake it.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2021 04:34 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
A man with a history of supporting former President Donald Trump and who has said
"all Democrats need to step down" was arrested Thursday after an hours-long standoff
near the US Capitol during which he claimed to have an explosive device.
(cnn)
farmerman

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2021 05:59 am
@Region Philbis,
I think the entire view on the inclusivity of what is, or is not, INFRASTRUCTURE, answers much of how "fudged up" is Max's worldview .
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2021 01:26 pm
@maxdancona,
Looking for squeaky wheels to grease is a very positively thinking liberal behavior.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Positive thinking liberals: How rare are they?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:26:56