Where Do the Swamp People Come From? (good question)

Mame

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 12:19 am
I guess some might know some but we don't have a swamp anywhere near where I lived...but are they all like the Deliverance people? That was a weird movie, the bits I could stand to watch. But that movie's music was just as identifiable as the Jaws movie... scared (or scairt, depending on where you're from) the bejesus outta me. And there are some of those swamp people now are still around, like moonshine, and inbreddiness (just made up that word, no kidding)... do swamp people still exist?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 328 • Replies: 14
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 02:03 am
@Mame,
Yeah, and they don't all live near any swamps, either.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 06:24 am
Southern Comfort makes the Cajuns out to be crazy like that. I don't see how they all could follow suit. They are stillpeople.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 06:59 am
@Mame,
Are you writing a comic?
Mame

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 09:38 am
@Linkat,
No. There's a show on tv about people who catch alligators or crocs or both. A different breed altogether. Roger's right - they don't all live near swamps, but it's the mentality they share that make them recognizable.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 12:45 pm
@Mame,
There’s an environmental activist of some fame over here called Swampy because he once lived in a swamp.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 12:46 pm
@Mame,
I think Linkat was accusing you of Goldmaning.
Mame

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 01:17 pm
@izzythepush,
Shocked
izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 02:06 pm
@Mame,
Mr Goldman has started umpteen threads asking about various ethnic groups, their vernacular, pets and weapons, for some comic strip he intends writing at some point.
Mame

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 02:31 pm
@izzythepush,
Ahhh... I see, heh heh ... no, I'm not writing a comic. He must not be very good at Goggling.

Do we get to see the finished video?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 02:40 pm
@Mame,
I understand the video will be going on youtube at some point. Everybody was allowed to take photos but asked not to post them until after the video has been put online. No spoilers.

I don’t know how long it will take, we’re going to be filming again tomorrow, that’ll be me done, then it’s a case of waiting.

And I’m sorry I have no idea how long all the editing, cutting and pasting is going to take. When I know I’ll let you know.

I suppose this thread is as good a place as any.
Mame

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 02:42 pm
@izzythepush,
Yeah, then we can all check it out. It's exciting to have a video of your kid and his mates. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. What are you doing in the background?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 02:43 pm
@Mame,
Can’t talk about it until it’s posted.

I’m a bad guy, city type in a suit.

That’s about all I can say right now.
Mame

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 03:11 pm
@izzythepush,
Looking forward to it Smile
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 05:59 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I think Linkat was accusing you of Goldmaning.

Well makes sense he asks about hillbillies and their dogs just thought make was stealing his idea
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Where Do the Swamp People Come From? (good question)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:35:08