Mass Tree Survey - Arbor Day Foundation

Linkat

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2021 08:45 am
I feel honored - I am only about 2% of people selected to do a tree survey.

Anyone else get this invite? it is for National Arbor Day Foundation - and it seems you fill out a questionnaire it is only a short one - and of course they ask you for a donation.

You get 4 gifts which includes 10 trees; a couple of bushes, a kindle and a tree book.

We have so many dang trees on our property not sure we need more -

They are a legit charity - confirmed on BBB

Should I do the questionnaire>
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 561 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2021 08:57 am
@Linkat,
Looking at this closer I get the trees for free and if I am one of the first 50 to respond I get the kindle - other than that I need to donate to get the other stuff.

Looks like a ploy to raise funds. Not a bad one as the survey questions are kind of dumb - other than the one asking how many trees I have on my property - but if it was legit on wanting a true survey of trees - I would have thought it would be a bit deeper - like size, type of tree, etc.

More weird questions like

have you ever climbed a tree
as a child did play under trees
collect leaves, acorns, etc
relax under the shade

then there were a few that might be real - what is important function of a tree to you, and how important varies things are in relation to trees, like rain forests, etc.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2021 08:59 am
@Linkat,
You could always gift the trees... why not do the survey?
Linkat

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2021 10:02 am
@Mame,
Yeah I probably will - the negative I heard is once you fill the dang thing out then you are on their mailing list and they send you more mail....which ironically the paper kills trees.
farmerman

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 02:41 pm
@Linkat,
Mr F filled out ours and while we forewent some of the "free gifts" we let them know that weve been collecting seedlings from famous historical places in North Amrica.
We copped a mighty while oak from Monticello, a tulip poplar in the beds at the National SPace Museum, a pin oak at Richmond Va, and a Franklinia tree from the Rush House.
These were all gonna be trhd and we asked whether e could have em and the docent were all happy that omeone would do stuff like that.
All our hitorical ite trees are doing fantastically. The biggest Oak, the one from Monticello is out in a field with a few little trees nar it. It stands as a viual creen of a couple barn and a silo.

arbor day is for real.
Mame

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 03:13 pm
@farmerman,
what sort of size is your property with all those trees?
farmerman

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 04:32 pm
@Mame,
we have a farm its over 160 acres and we rent another 40. theres a 10 acre woodlot and ive got little groves out in pastures. the sheep like to lay in the shade and chew their cud
Mame

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 04:35 pm
@farmerman,
I've always envied people living on farms. Best place to live, as far as I'm concerned.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Mass Tree Survey - Arbor Day Foundation
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 06:28:47