Why am I now unable to respond to my own topic?

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 08:48 am
Anyone soured on today's medicine? I cannot reply to even though I am logged on. I cannot reply either to specific persons or in general. Is there a software glitch? When I click 'reply to all' it simply reverts back to the general discussion with no field for replies. - David
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 307 • Replies: 17
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 08:52 am
@david lyga,
The thread has been frozen.

Nobody can comment on it.

Sometimes it stays frozen, other times it’s temporary.

Sorry for rattling Max’s cage.
david lyga

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 08:55 am
@izzythepush,
Is it frozen on purpose, or is it a computer glitch? I wanted to thank you for your rational reply, Izzy.

Indeed, if the freeze is on purpose, this demonstrates something about how politically powerful the medical apparatus is in the USA. Criticism is not permitted? - David Lyga
izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 09:15 am
@david lyga,
It’s the mods. They’ve stopped it because of the to and fro between Max and the rest of us.

Sometimes it’s just until heads cool.

Again, sorry.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 09:16 am
@david lyga,
It’s got nothing to do with the powerful medical apparatus in the US, and everything to do with stopping Max and me going off on one.
david lyga

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 09:20 am
@izzythepush,
OK, but it seems that an open dialogue should be able to include a certain amount of invective. It was not ad hominem, simply refutation. Why that becomes a problem is beyond me. - David Lyga
izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 09:32 am
@david lyga,
We’ve got history.

We were both suspended for a month for arguing.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 09:33 am
David, you can continue your medical comments in this thread.
david lyga

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 09:36 am
Am I able to? I cannot reply DIRECTLY to you, Mame, so that is a start of total censorship, once again. Mame, you do happen to have a rational mind. - David Lyga

NB, OK, NOW I can respond directly. We never know what will happen next.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 09:37 am
@david lyga,
You can reply to Mame on this thread.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 09:38 am
@Mame,
Directly replying.
david lyga

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 09:39 am
@izzythepush,
Confirmed, (for now). - David Lyga
david lyga

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 09:42 am
I mean, I feel fabulous at 71. I Take no required medications (my urologist gave me Oxybutynin, but I see absolutely no effect). My (first time) colonoscopy three weeks ago was utterly clean. My prostate MRI showed NOTHING definitive (rating "equivocal"). And, now I am supposed to have a risky prostate biopsy because of a high PSA? My prostate is huge, but most likely benign. Throughout my whole life I had to pee very frequently. Perhaps, "no thanks" to endless tests.

I don't feel especially demented. I think that I can write with logic, creativity, and substance. I see no reason to think of existing until 120 with constant testing, evaluation, and angst filling up the spaces inbetween.

My maternal grandmother's sister, my great Aunt Jane, died in the 1970s from cancer, but her last months were utter horror. She was being treated at Yale New Haven hospital, a TEACHING hospital and, as a result, no member of my family will ever allow him- or herself to be subjected to that again because no one wanted to be a guinea pig in the medical system. To the medical professionals there, Aunt Jane was a toy to experiment with. Somehow, I can see what blacks are saying when they shy away from 'tests'.- David Lyga
Mame

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 09:48 am
@david lyga,
I wanted to share something with you, David, about what I mean about doctors. My husband had a growth on the back of his tongue. He was unable to eat or swallow much and lost 40 lbs over the course of a year. His arrogant GP told him to gargle and all kinds of other stupid ****. He sounded like he had a frog in his throat. Finally, he went to a GI and the doc asked him what he had in his throat. Couldn't his GP hear that? The GI put a scope down and took a photo. His GP got the picture and finally sent him to an ENT where they did a biopsy. He had a cancerous tumour. Thank God for that sensible GI or the cancer may have spread and it certainly would have grown.

Anyway, after that, he started seeing my doctor whom we both adore and respect.

Not every doctor is good; not every teacher is good; not every PhD holder is good at what they do. I think we know our bodies best and we can consult with professionals and research on our own. And I don't know what Max has said because he's on Ignore, but I don't put complete faith in anyone.
david lyga

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 09:50 am
@Mame,
Thank you. Read my post above yours. - David Lyga
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 09:55 am
@david lyga,
You do what you think is best for you. It’s your body, and there’s nothing wrong with getting a second opinion.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 10:26 am
Sorry this happened because I gave a full response and it must have not been taken because your other closed -

The long and short I had on there was to suggest getting a second opinion. I think others mentioned it - but many doctors diagnose differently. And I have to disagree with izzy on saying that American doctors are just after money - no that is not case with all. With any profession you get good and bad. I choose a doctor that fits with my values and how I want to deal with my health. You can always choose (even with the current medical situation in the US) a different doctor.

That being said - a big thing I put out there that I thought (from what I have read in responses) is you might want to look into functional medicine. These doctors are fully licensed and have the same education, etc. as any other traditional doctor, they simply have a different philosophy of treating patients. They determine how and why illness occurs and restores health by addressing the root causes of disease for each individual. It is more looking at each patient as an individual. Since they are "regular" doctors, they typically do take regular health insurance - some may charge additional "membership" fees - usually it is not very high but I think the idea is to cover the additional time they spend with you. They also tend to use more natural or other remedies like diet and approved herbal treatments. Some are more on the extreme side - but many just want to treat the individual rather than the illness. They do utilize traditional treatments as well - it is not like a doctor that does all natural - it is more what would work best for your personal treatment.

To me the one thing I see positive in the US healthcare is you still do have choices where you can select a doctor that fits you.

david lyga

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 10:42 am
@Linkat,
Thank you, Linkat. There are many factors involved here and I do not feel 'sick' at all. My high PSA has been around for years. There is MUCH controversy on the subject. - David Lyga
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why am I now unable to respond to my own topic?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 05:52:07