I just posted 5 postings about Art and now they are missing.

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 11:39 am
Can anyone tell me why? Before today, I hadn't posted on here for at least a year.

Mame

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 11:42 am
@Onetallgentleman,
The moderators must not have liked something about them. Were they advertisements?
Onetallgentleman

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 11:44 am
@Mame,
No, I was trying to see if anyone knew anything about the Artist's. They was a posting about 2 paintings, a print and a Lithograph. I spent a lot of time posting them.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 11:57 am
@Onetallgentleman,
I’m not a moderator, so this is just a guess.

Your posts contained hypertext. Now I know that they were just pictures of your artworks, but they could easily be seen as spam, especially if you’re a new poster.

Instead of posting hypertext post the image instead, you should be OK.

Having said that you’re not likely to find a satisfactory answer. People who deal in Art are very jealous of their knowledge. There are websites where you can pay a fee to access the prices that various art pieces have gone for over the last few years.

And that’s the only way you’re likely to find out, and it’s not cheap. The costs are prohibitive that unless you’re in the business there’s no point paying.

The cheapest I’ve seen was about £1000.

Unless you think your paintings are worth more than that there’s no point.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I’ve had problems valuing some of my pieces.

You’re best bet would be to make friends with the owner of a local art gallery and pick their brains.
Onetallgentleman

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 12:25 pm
@izzythepush,
Thanks,
I was using Imgur.com Hosting links. How do I post just the images?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 12:30 pm
@Onetallgentleman,
There are threads on this, but if you encase it in[img] [/img] it should work.

I’m one of the least technical people on A2K, so I’d check out other threads.
Onetallgentleman

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 12:39 pm
@izzythepush,
I was using the "Image Link" instead of using the "BBCode" I also used the Medium Thumbnail size on www.Imgur.com
Mame

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 12:46 pm
@Onetallgentleman,
If you're looking to get appraisals, you can try art auction houses. We took a bunch of my in-laws paintings to one and he gave us free estimates. We did wind up auctioning some off with him.
Onetallgentleman

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 12:51 pm
@Mame,
Most of the Art pieces that I own, are probably worth under $200.
Mame

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 01:22 pm
@Onetallgentleman,
Put all your requests in one thread. That way you won't clutter up the board, especially since We. Don't. Know.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I just posted 5 postings about Art and now they are missing.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 07:52:34