2

How do you build up an online fanbase for your own animated cartoons and comics?

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 03:18 am
Hi. I want to produce my own animated cartoons and comics and showcase and monetize them online on video-sharing sites and on social media and as many online platforms as I can.

How do I build up a fanbase and attract people to my works? I was told having a strong social media presence helps.

What else do I need to do?

I tried to Google how to build up a fanbase for your own animated cartoons and I couldn't really find anything.

Please help. Thank you.

JGoldman10

1  
Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 04:05 am
I took the time to go through my personal emails in Yahoo! Mail. I could not find anything in any emails about info for building up an online fanbase.

I went through all my PM exchanges between me and Rebelofnj. There was nothing in any of these PMs about info for building up an online fanbase either.

I did get some answers here:

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1475231
https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1475557
https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1475558
https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1475756

Someone I know from a certain chatsite I frequent told me this:

"Create a Gofundme page and a network of friends on Facebook and/or on other social media sites to get attention for your Gofundme page. Create a network of friends that can spread the news about your cartoons and/or comics.
Then go on YouTube and say you have a Patreon platform once you have a fanbase and many patrons will sub to you."

Please help. Thank you.

JGoldman10

1  
Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 05:39 pm
Someone I met from another community site suggested I should contact Scott Adams of Dilbert fame.
He has given such advice in the past.

JGoldman10

1  
Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 12:31 am
Hi. Does anyone here have anything to contribute and/or add? I searched for those notes Rebel claimed he gave me about building up a fanbase in my personal Yahoo! Mail email and in my PMs on this site and couldn't find anything.

I can't search on Yahoo! Answers for these notes, the site was taken down permanently.

2  
Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 12:51 am
@JGoldman10,
Claimed?

That’s low, Reb is as good as his word, he sent you those details and you did nothing with them until yahoo deleted them.

Why should anybody help you?

You’re never grateful, you never act on the information you’re given and you’re very nasty when you don’t get what you want.

Stop blaming other people for your own sloth.

The first thing you have to do to build up a fanbase is get off your arse, and that’s something you will never do.
JGoldman10

-1  
Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 05:52 am
izzythepush wrote:

Claimed?

Yes, I said "claimed". I didn't even know he posted those notes in questions I posted in questions I posted on Yahoo! Answers till he claimed that he did. I don't remember him doing so.

Not doing anything with those details just stems from lack of organization.

I have thanked Reb for his help in the past. What are you talking about?

Why shouldn't people help me? I need that info now.

I am focusing now on getting organized.

Is that your business or concern as to why I didn't do anything with those notes Reb claimed he posted? No it's not.

1  
Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 06:31 am
@JGoldman10,
You are casting doubt on his honesty when the real issue is your slothfulness.

You’re being nasty.

Rebelofnj

1  
Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 09:05 am
I cannot possibly be your only source on how to do any of this.

I have told you several times over the years how to gain an audience. I also gave you several lists of people to contact on Twitter for further assistance.

I even sent you PDFs of writing books that has the information you need. Many of them have chapters on how to market your works (one book I sent you has a chapter literally titled "Creating An Online Presense". Another book is all about marketing your work and getting an audience.)

But it is clear you never read or use what I give you. Why should I help you anymore?
JGoldman10

0  
Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 03:32 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

I never said you were.

Rebelofnj wrote:

I have told you several times over the years how to gain an audience.

Where specifically? Was this information for gaining an audience for both animation and comics or just for comics?

Rebelofnj wrote:

I also gave you several lists of people to contact on Twitter for further assistance.

I know this. I saw this when I checked my PMs and personal emails in Yahoo! Mail. I still have this info. Again does this info pertain only to comics or does it pertain to both animation and comics?

Rebelofnj wrote:

I was going to use this info when I was ready to use it, when I had time to use it. My family moved out; they are not around to distract me, and I don't have to deal with them on an almost daily basis. I don't have to help take care of them anymore. I have time now. I am focusing on being organized and staying organized now. What's the problem?
Rebelofnj

1  
Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 04:24 pm
@JGoldman10,
Your family moved out almost 2 years ago. You have had plenty of time to write and draw something like so many creators I have seen online and elsewhere.

And yet you are still asking how to build an audience, even though you have received tips on how to create an online presence, which in turn produces an online fanbase.
JGoldman10

1  
Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 05:26 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I've been working on stuff in my spare time. As of the time of the posting of this I'm still waiting for my laptop to get serviced.

Can you please answer the questions?:

Rebelofnj wrote:

Rebelofnj wrote:

JGoldman10

1  
Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 06:09 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I'm supposed be doing transcription work from home, and learning Flash, QuarkExpress, Illustrator, and Photoshop through a free online learning system and doing voice acting training from home; I signed up for an online voice acting training program, but I can't do any of this without a working laptop.

Rebelofnj

1  
Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 06:13 pm
@JGoldman10,
You can apply this information to other mediums. I have said this to you before on Yahoo. I also gave you a list of creators who are far more suited in answering your questions, but you did nothing with them.

This main question is not at all hard to figure out. Using social media and posting works in progress are the two main things to do. That is it. I don't even do this; I looked it up online and followed the creators on Twitter, which you should have done years ago.

I'm not going to help you anymore. So please don't ask for my help. I already blocked you from my email.
JGoldman10

0  
Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 09:20 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Well, like they say, better late than never. Thank you for responding.

1  
Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 11:44 pm
@JGoldman10,
Do you actually have any cartoons or any other product that you can actually post????
JGoldman10

0  
Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2021 12:27 am
@glitterbag,
Yss.

1  
Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2021 12:34 am
@JGoldman10,
You can't build a fan base until you copywrite and release a few. Why would anyone sign up for a website that doesn't exist? Have you sold any of your creations or posted them to a platform where others can see them? Where do you go when you are looking for something new or entertaining?

1  
Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2021 02:08 am
@JGoldman10,
With you it’s never, you wasted years of pointless “research” for something that never materialised.

That’s what you do, you talk about research, marketing and studying on courses, but you never do anything.

Incidentally Mr Goldman’s thread on Scottish street gangs is quite interesting, it attracted a lot of one off posters who had had experience of ganglife.

Which is why Mr Goldman dropped it like a ton a bricks, far too real for his tastes.