Do I have the right to refuse to pull up?

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 07:23 am
A lot of the time I think about things and just want to start a conversation on. Here's todays' question.

I frequent a number of fast food places and 99% of the time I go through the drive thru. Most times my food is ready from the time I order to the time I pay and pull up to the next window to pick up my food. Most times I'm only ordering a coffee or maybe simple value meal. Nothing extravagant or anything like that. Sometimes when I pull up to the window to get my food or coffee they'll ask me to pull up and they'll bring my food out. I'm sitting there thinking, "it's just a coffee, how long does it take to make a coffee?" I'll ask why do I have to pull up and the person will usually say something like "there's a timer so as long as I'm parked or stopped on the timer it looks like they are running slow." Well, technically they are. Do I have the right to say, "no, I'd rather wait here to get my coffee or food order." I pulled up this morning and was behind a truck and that truck stayed at the pickup window for nearly 5 or 6 minutes, but me, the minute I order a coffee they ask me to pull up and someone will bring it out to me. 5 or 6 minutes may not seem like a long time but it's an eternity when you're sitting in a drive thru line.

Your thoughts.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 445 • Replies: 18
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 07:52 am
@Barry2021,
Do whatever you please.

They have a system of some sort. It may be dictated by corporate or local law (perhaps it's to get your car out of the way and have you stay in it so you don't get hit). Or maybe it's some weird workaround the staff created which either makes them quicker or at least gives the perception that they're quicker.

Whatever it is, if you don't do it, find out what happens. Or as the kids say, **** around and find out.

And use the term choice instead of right if you actually want to be clear about what you're asking. It's not a question of rights, and you know it.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 08:49 am
@Barry2021,
Quote:
I'll ask why do I have to pull up and the person will usually say something like "there's a timer so as long as I'm parked or stopped on the timer it looks like they are running slow." Well, technically they are. Do I have the right to say, "no, I'd rather wait here to get my coffee or food order."

Of course you can - you can also berate the poor person working at the window if you want to - not that I would suggest you would do so.

Couple of personal thoughts on this - if you really do not want to pull over and I can see your point seems a bit dumb for you if you do have something simple - just say thank you, but I'd rather wait here. I'd always be polite and kind, I mean these poor people probably get jerks all the time cursing at them and so forth - just respond nicely and politely.

The other option - go ahead and park - read through your phone while your waiting and then when you get home - typically there is a receipt with an internet address to take a survey - convey your dissatisfaction with the fact that this fast food restaurant utilizes the pull up to skew the stats on their speed; maybe corporate overall will then change the policy if enough people mention this.
engineer

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 09:33 am
@Barry2021,
Many, many years ago I worked at a McD's and we would ask customers to pull around if their food wasn't ready. Policy is if they refused, no problem. The issue often is the food is ready for the cars behind you and by pulling up or around those other people can get their food and move on. I've had the local fast food restaurant I occasionally frequent bring food out to me in line if the window is blocked by people waiting.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 10:03 am
I once had the people in the truck in front eat their meal before driving off.

The server apologised to me, Ithink she wa#intimidated.

At the time I just thought it was taking a while for them to get their food.

I didn’t realise they were that ignorant.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 12:20 pm
Maybe they didn’t have fresh coffee to serve and had to brew a pot.

Happens all the time at my friends restaurant. Especially during these hot days, coffee is not ordered that often.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 12:23 pm
@PUNKEY,
No. That is not what happened.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 12:42 pm
@Linkat,
I’ve always been of the opinion that it’s a good idea to be polite to people serving you food.

Or giving you a haircut.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 12:54 pm
@izzythepush,
Or doing a blood draw.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 01:07 pm
@izzythepush,
Not a great way to start an interesting conversation.....in fact, probably makes people to excuse themselves and say they need to hit the restroom.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 01:09 pm
@glitterbag,
Or administrating your chemo. Just saying .
glitterbag

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 01:11 pm
@Ragman,
Or adjust your lithium.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 01:12 pm
If you don’t like the service at that fast food restaurant, find a better one. Or make your own coffee and put it in a thermal bottle.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 01:15 pm
@Ragman,
Or maybe his publicist should have called ahead to tell them 'Barry' was on his way.
0 Replies

Barry2021

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 03:59 pm
@PUNKEY,
Having coffee not ready during breakfast hours seems to be a problem for me.
engineer

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 05:22 pm
@Barry2021,
You should probably frequent a different place. This one sounds like it doesn't meet your needs.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 05:27 pm
@Barry2021,
Barry2021 wrote:

Having coffee not ready during breakfast hours seems to be a problem for me.

Write to your Congressman, no one should endure inconvenience like that.
Mame

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 06:29 pm
@glitterbag,
Right? Imagine if he was in prison or guantanamo bay or worse? Pull over? Ok... I'll do it.
0 Replies

Lady Lingiton

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 08:00 pm
@Barry2021,
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do I have the right to refuse to pull up?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:50:54