Holy crap - the heat wave

Mame

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2021 06:13 pm
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/30/world/canada/bc-canada-heat-wave.html?action=click&module=In%20Other%20News&pgtype=Homepage
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 308 • Replies: 6
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2021 07:02 pm
Not much I can say about it except I hope you all survive it and get a chance to prepare for a next such heatwave.
Mame

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2021 07:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
My friend and I walked four blocks to a restaurant today and were both soaked by the time we got there and we walked in the shade. I came home, changed into smaller clothes and ran through the sprinkler. We're whining because we're not used to this. That's all. But thanks Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2021 07:37 pm
We get in the neighborhood of a hundred Fahrenheit every summer for long stretches every year and we whine about it too. I don't enjoy getting boiled in sweat every year.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2021 07:37 pm
Not to overly graphic, Sweat has poured out of me today like a water fountain. I was scraping and sanding our porch’s railings and bannisters. Our painter now can paint the whole porch.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2021 08:06 pm
Not too long ago (Feb) we were whining about how cold it was - we had a 10 day COLD snap with wind chills - just nasty! "A sweeping extreme cold snap has blanketed nearly all of Alberta in shockingly low temperatures, and it’s not expected to relent for some time. Many regions are experiencing wind chill values between -40 and -55, according to Environment Canada."

Maybe we're just a nation of whiners Smile But weather is always top of the conversation. Where can I move, I ask myself, where it's temperate for at least 8 months of the year?

Last year I had to buy a snowblower (size of a lawn mower) because we had over 2' overnight and my back just can't take that anymore. I don't mind the purchase - I just mind the reason.

I managed to do my sidewalk and that of my neighbours on each side in under half an hour. Plus some of the road. I will relish this this winter even though at the moment it seems unlikely we'll get snow. But of course we will. We're in Canada. Same as northern USA.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2021 11:21 pm
I saw a story on TV news about a man went sunbathing in 112 Fahrenheit weather and died of it. Didn't catch the location.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Holy crap - the heat wave
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 04:53:13