Neurotic behaviors/habits

nimh

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 04:59 pm
Re: Neurotic behaviors/habits
kickycan wrote:
So what is your neurotic habit of choice?

A2K
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 05:16 pm
My fingers have been typing since hi school junior year typing class. I type license plates, billboards, songs, people's names. At times the "typing" is noticeable because my fingers will be pushing against my leg, a table, etc. Sometimes I refuse to do the typing but find myself couple minutes getting it done. Weird, but I've had a few friends who "play the piano."

I also chew the inside of my cheek but that's healed up right now. When in hi school I sat squeezing the "pimples" on my upper arms. What a mess, there were none there until I started squeezing. Not so bad, though, my best friend sequeezed them on her face.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 06:13 pm
i'm a knuckle cracker, and hand wringer

plus i tend to pick at the skin around my nails, not chew
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 06:31 pm
Welcome cheek chewers!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 07:59 pm
Re: Neurotic behaviors/habits
nimh wrote:
kickycan wrote:
So what is your neurotic habit of choice?

A2K

Laughing

sunlover reminds me of another one -- when I was first learning ASL (15 years ago or whatever), I'd practice fingerspelling allllll the time. I'd just be walking along and would spell whatever I saw... "person, food, bookstore, dog," etc., etc. Occasionally it would be lyrics to songs, poems, etc. I wouldn't move my hand up to fingerspelling position, just keep it at my side or wherever it would normally be while walking, but would do the letters.

It was good practice, but got to be an unconscious habit. I still do it sometimes, and get weird looks for it on occasion. (Looks vaguely twitchy/ Tourette's-y out of context, I think.) The unconscious part is interesting, though... several times it's happened that I've been wanting to say something but am listening to what the other person is saying, and by the time they're finished I've forgotten what I was going to say, but then I look down at my hand and it's fingerspelling away, just have to read it and then "Oh!". Shocked
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 04:49 am
as a kid i was a nail-biter, but gave it up for good at some point in my 20's... never heard of the cheek thing before... maybe i'll give it a whirl!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 05:18 am
I compulsively answer stupid questions . . . which is, i guess, why i come here . . .
0 Replies

AllThisBeauty

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 03:37 pm
KiwiChic wrote:
I dont chew my nails, but I chew the skin on my finger around the outside of my thumbnails only.....

Yes...been doing that for a long time. I also chew on my tongue--intentionally--but only when I'm relaxed. Anybody do that?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 04:15:41