I am into a childhood friend and I want to hook up with her

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2021 11:09 am
I am 24 years old and I am about to graduate college. Yesterday, when I was thinking about my academic journey, I remembered the girl I had a crush on at elementary school when I was a kid. We were classmates for a year and we had a very decent friendship back then. After elementary school, I met her once by coincidence and since then I did not see her. Nonetheless, I still check on her every now and then through texting.

Our last chat was 3 years ago and when I remembered her, I sent her a message. She said that she was happy to hear from me after all this time and we had a good refreshing conversation, talking about our studies and plans for the future. She is studying abroad and she graduates next year.

We kept chatting for three consecutive days and I didn't mind her late messages sometimes, I was just happy to get to talk with her. Even when the conversation seemed to reach its end, I kept it going. I realized that I want more than just that ... I want to see her, to talk to her not just through texting. I want to see what she is like right now, after 12 years. If she is single, I want to hook up with her. After seeing her stories and pictures on social media, she is still that beautiful, stunning and smart girl that I admired since elementary school. But how do I tell her that ? Wouldn't that be as coming on too strong, after just a texting conversation ? We did not see each other for a long time after all.

Realistically, that's asking for too much, since we are not in the same country and plus we are not THAT close. But this is the girl of my dreams If you ask me. She might have changed, that's true. But I want to give it a try. I just want to give her a hint that I am into her and how much she still means to me. I will be eternally grateful to any kind of advice.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 809 • Replies: 2
No top replies

engineer

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2021 11:18 am
@rabbit2019,
I think you have a bit of a fantasy going on here but as long as you don't go stalkerish, no harm is keeping in touch and asking her out when she gets back to the US. I wouldn't make any major life changes though. Keep your life going and ask out more attainable dates while you are waiting.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2021 01:59 pm
@rabbit2019,
Well she graduates next year - seeing she is studying abroad - is she coming home next year where you will be in the same country again (near each other)? Then yes, I agree, the best is to maintain this friendship - you have not yet seen and met in person in years, so better to just keep the friendship and when she comes back meet in person.

When you start talking about meeting again keep it light. Say something I'd love to get to see you again we had such a great time when we were young it would be wonderful to see one another again in person. Don't think hook up yet. Keep a friendship and be easy about it else you will (as engineer alluded to be stalkish and scare her off). And to be honest you might meet her and then there is no spark in person.

You may just be building her up to be more than she is (or anyone could ever be).
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I am into a childhood friend and I want to hook up with her
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 06:43:48