Kitchen tool/utensil, what is it called?

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2021 05:11 pm
Recently, while watching a cooking show on TV, one of the cooks, while shallow frying a piece of meat, used something I have never seen before but realised what a great contracption it was AND I wanted one. BUT until I know what to refer it as I have no way of getting my handd on one.
Description: made from a heavy metal, maybe cast iron. It's shape is round, about the size of a large saucer. It appeared to be about 2 cm or half an inch THICK. it is heavy. It has to be heavy because it's job is to keep the cooking food FLAT. It has a handle. The words 'flat-iron' springs to mind.
When cooking meat in a frying pan the meat sometimes has a tendency to 'curl' up around the edges and I neded to use a fork to force the meat flat. The more I think about it, right now, maybe if I googled 'cooking flat iron' then maybe I might get lucky. Here goes.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 427 • Replies: 4
No top replies

drillersmum85

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2021 05:37 pm
@drillersmum85,
Found it already. LOL
Cuisinart cast iron smashed burger press. 16cm round grill with handle.
$35. Even saw a rectangle one with a wooden handle.. Maverick cast iron bbq press. $39. Australia. Sorry I wasted your time, I shoulda gone to Google first.
oralloy

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2021 06:26 pm
Our time is not necessarily wasted. Maybe someone who was not aware of such a device will learn about it because of your thread, and will now go acquire one for themselves.

Maybe a year from now people will use this thread as an on-topic location for a discussion of cooking utensils.

Who knows.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2021 09:05 pm
Grill meat press
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2021 09:10 pm
@drillersmum85,
drillersmum85 wrote:

Sorry I wasted your time, I shoulda gone to Google first.

That's what they all say.
0 Replies