7

What books are you reading?

Mame

2  
Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2021 03:32 pm
@Lash,
I liked "The Three Daughters of Madame Liang", "The Good Earth", "The Living Reed", "Imperial Women", "The Pavilion of Women", and "Peony". Those I remember; the others, not so much. I should check into them again, too.

Edward Rutherfurd was later, I think, than Michener, but basically exact same storylines.

Really, if anyone hasn't read Carl Hiaasen, they should! His books are like the Fargo movie, where everything seems reasonable but goes spiralling out of control Smile A very good belly laugh. He was a reporter for the Miami Herald and his brother was one of the ones shot a while ago at the office (very sad). The last one he wrote (2020) was "Squeeze Me" which is about the Trump family and administration - quite a good laugh.