Girl stopped texting back

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2021 10:19 pm
So i meet this girl while on the store and we talked some and I asked for her instagram as I thought we hit it off pretty good. We talked on and off for some days but the time we did talk we lasted hours and it was pretty entertaining. All the sudden she did not reply back and so I sent a meme to try to get a response back without "double texting" but she still has not replied nor seen my message yet she is always online. I can not understand what happend or what I should do as everything was going pretty normal and there was no blatant reason as to why she stopped texting back.

maxdancona

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2021 10:28 pm
@DeerAndrew,
It happens. There is nothing you can do I would wait a few days... and then send one more text saying something like "hey, I liked talking with you. I thought we hit it off..what's up?" (Make that sound less like an old person but positive and not accusing)

If she doesnt respond, just forget it and move on. A text relationship does t really need an explanation.
DeerAndrew

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2021 10:46 pm
@maxdancona,
Wow, first of all thank you so much for the quick and direct answer man. To be honest I already knew what it meant and know that if she is not responding back it likely means that she is not interested but it is so hard to come to terms with that reality...

I will wait till probably monday to give it one last show and say something along the lines of what you said which I think is probably the best one cam say in this situation. Hopefully I get answer that does not make it awkward between us otherwise I think I will have to jump ship sadly.
Linkat

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2021 08:48 am
@DeerAndrew,
There is good and bad with all the technology and how people meet now vs when I was younger and single. The good is - it is quick and efficient - the bad -- you are experiencing it. So easy just to dismiss someone. It happens to everyone. My daughter met a young man through an app - then ended up hitting off and dated quite a bit -- he was going to college about 2 hours from her college but he seemed to like her enough to travel the 2 hours frequently to see her.

Then they both went home during Christmas break. Upon coming back to school, he had taken her off all social media and did not respond to her texts. Seems this has happened to a lot of her friends before. Ghosted I think they refer to it. Coward in my opinion - we used to actually break up in person.

So long and short - you are not alone.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2021 09:51 am
@Linkat,
To me there's a big difference between someone you've actually met in real life and someone that you're just chatting with online. Even in the former case I think a short text saying goodbye would be nice, it doesn't seem like that's part of the culture.

In my opinion for someone you've met in real life breaking up in person is the only decent thing to do. I'm old now, but this still seems like basic human decency.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Girl stopped texting back
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 12:27:47