Is it normal that I don't want to drive my dad's car ?

Reply Sun 30 May, 2021 11:45 am
I'm a 24 year old man, living with my family again and working remotely because of the coronavirus. Now that I live in the house again, my dad wants me to drive his car sometimes,I have my license but I do not want to for various reasons. The first one is that I'm not used to drive that much, though I'm not that bad for someone who drives once in 4 months. Plus, I don't have a car. The second reason is that my dad is overprotective when it comes to his car, even though he tries to hide it to encourage me to drive, but he looses it when something is wrong with it. The third and main reason is because I had an older brother that used to fight a lot with my dad when he got his driver license over the car. When he got his driver license, he was excited to drive and go out with his friends with the car, but whenever he takes it with my dad permission, my dad keeps calling him like every 30 minutes and asks him when he is going back home with the car. Back then, when my dad gets in the car, he starts looking for abnormalities and whenever he finds one, he starts blaming my brother for it.
Growing up like that, watching and observing all of those fights, I found myself not motivated at all to drive a car that is not mine, ESPECIALLY my father's . I am planning to buy a car as soon as I graduate and it's not really about the fear of driving, but driving my old man's car really feels like a lot of stress and not worth it at all, even when he is not sitting next to me. Is that weird of me ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 387 • Replies: 1

hightor

Reply Sun 30 May, 2021 02:06 pm
@rabbit2019,
Sounds perfectly sensible to me. I never feel comfortable when someone offers me their car to use.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is it normal that I don't want to drive my dad's car ?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:11:55