Odd Followers

Linkat

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 07:21 am
To be honest, I do not have many people following me – nor do I follow anyone on here. Simply put I just do not use that function in A2K so I really never noticed this activity before. However the other day I got an email telling me a particular individual was following me on A2K. So I opened my profile to try to find this and it was someone I never heard of so I started looking at people following me that I have never heard of and found some.

These are not those crazy sex related ones that we all got bombed with just some more oddball one. So I can also see who they follow and it is just a few others and they do not have any posts – I have no idea why they choose me – likely just random which they seem to often have a suggested email which of course I have not clicked – so do you have any odd followers?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 363 • Replies: 7
No top replies

engineer

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 07:50 am
@Linkat,
Several, probably because I tend to help with schoolwork type questions, but some of them will follow me after I engage in a conversation then start sending "unusual" PMs.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 07:50 am
@Linkat,
There’s some commercial reason, I have one follower who has never posted on A2K and plenty others who are just work posters offering some service or other in provincial America.

If I need to start looking for a dentist, a locksmith, an accountant or whatever I’m not going to choose one in Dallas or Cranston, or even bloody London for that matter, we’ve got plenty of those here in Southampton.

That doesn’t stop them following me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 08:13 am
I get lots of these followers. Nearly all want something, even if just to post a link. When I get email notifications I generally respond by blocking them.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 08:16 am
@Linkat,
Linkat,

You posts things that are interesting. It is easy to follow someone, it is just a button click. People probably just read one of your posts, click your name, see that you post interesting things and then clicked follow.

I have had a couple of followers that suprised me only because they are people who tend to get upset with things I post. One really suprised me, and when I mentioned it to her, she denied it emphatically and then unfollowed me.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 08:27 am
These are just followers on A2K - These are the ones that I find odd - they have no posts (I do have some others that seem odd too that have posted) - but these seem weird in part because they have no activity except following and having a profile

davidjohnson78 - I am a mature and confident businessman in healthcare sleeping products with the ability to sell products according to health issues. I love traveling in my leisure time. To buy products visit @ Edit [Moderator]: Link removed/

NICOLAETUDOREL – no profile or posts

darrell65i897 - Busy Bee Fitness Experts have you covered for all of your fitness needs if you're looking for a certified and experienced fitness professional for Personal Trainer Toronto . World class services are provided to all clientele…….very long and extensive profile so I left the rest off.

MatthewAnxiety - Hi I am Matthew Anxiety , I love to read books , Novels as its my hobbies , usually spend my free time in it. Professionally I am working as Anxiety Counselling Adelaide . Edit [Moderator]: Link removed

Healthnews - Get your latest health and lifestyle news, fitness tips for weight loss, natural health tips and healthy weight loss tips. from complete health news.
Edit [Moderator]: Link removed

Virajpuri - Viraj Puri is the founder of Bullyvention, to stop teen bullying, to aware people about bullying, cyber bullying and to spread the knowledge and ways to prevent bullying. For more details, you can visit Edit [Moderator]: Link removed or if you want to share your story then write here - Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
maxdancona

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 08:32 am
@Linkat,
Huh? I got David Johnson. I don't have any of the others. Many of my followers are people with whom I have interacted.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 27 May, 2021 04:02 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
they have no posts

I suspect that they are spammers, and you see no posting history because all of their spam posts were removed by the moderators.

Assuming that the above is true, then when they were setting up their accounts they likely followed a few random regular posters in order to appear to have a normal profile and thereby appear to be a normal poster.

It is likely that the accounts are inactive now, suspended for spamming. I've no idea how long spammers are suspended for. I suspect that it may be a long time.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Odd Followers
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/08/2024 at 06:31:59