Paul Mooney is Dead

snood

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 03:13 pm
Paul Mooney was a comedian who was greatly responsible for the success of several other black comedians whose names you may have heard, like Richard Pryor and Dave Chapelle.
He wrote the famous sketch that had Chevy Chase as the employer trading racial epithets with job applicant Pryor. He created Homey the Clown for the Wayans Brothers on In Living Color. He wrote for the TV shows Good Times and Sanford and Son.

He had an edge that put some off, but made some love him.

In honor of Paul Mooney ( August 4, 1941 - May 19, 2021):

Mooney once told a joke on Letterman in which a White kid rubs chocolate cake onto his face and with equal innocence and glee exclaims to his mother that he is now Black.

The child’s mother slaps him (“Don’t you ever say that again in this house!”) and sends him to the father, who then slaps him and shoos him to his grandfather, who repeats the same violence before returning the boy to the mother.

Mother: Now what have you learned today? Kid: I’ve learned I’ve been Black for five minutes and already I hate you White people.

RIP
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 304 • Replies: 6
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 03:31 pm
I loved much of his work, mostly without knowing he was responsible for it. I recorded Homey D Clown skits so I could watch them as many times as I wanted to.
snood

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 03:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
Homey don’t play dat!
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 03:36 pm
@snood,
I got a particular kick out of a racist coming into my home while Homey was playing. He stared wordlessly, left quietly. It was a skit in which Homey kicks the white banker's ass.
snood

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 03:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
He definitely was hard for some to take.
When Woody Allen went public with his relationship with his stepdaughter, Mooney cracked “Some people raise marijuana. He’s growing pussy!”

Crass, I know. But man he made me laugh.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 03:45 pm
@snood,
We need as many like him as possible.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Fri 21 May, 2021 07:26 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Mooney once told a joke on Letterman in which a White kid rubs chocolate cake onto his face and with equal innocence and glee exclaims to his mother that he is now Black.

The child’s mother slaps him (“Don’t you ever say that again in this house!”) and sends him to the father, who then slaps him and shoos him to his grandfather, who repeats the same violence before returning the boy to the mother.

Mother: Now what have you learned today? Kid: I’ve learned I’ve been Black for five minutes and already I hate you White people.

Ha!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Paul Mooney is Dead
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:12:20